Alleged Baby Killer Casey Anthony -- The $68,000 Bill

5/26/2011 10:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Accused child murderer Casey Anthony is in more hot water with the feds -- the I.R.S. believes she failed to pay $68k in taxes back in 2008 ... the same year she allegedly killed her 2-year-old daughter.

0526_casey_andrews_AP110524137038_EX

TMZ obtained a tax lien filed against Anthony in Florida last week -- and according to the document, Casey never forked over $68,520 in federal taxes in 2008.

Casey was charged with first-degree murder the same year -- and is currently on trial in Orlando, FL ... facing the death penalty if convicted.

Calls to Casey's attorney were not immediately returned.

jim

I mean from the pictures you ever see of her she is either playing with her daughter that she killed or shakin her ass at a club!

jim

How the hell does she owe 68k in taxes?! Did she even have a job?

sweetdee88

this can't be real. why would she possibly owe 68k in taxes? unless it was from pics she sold or something? like the ones they sold of kaley to the today show and the like. give her the chair!

tink981

So, she sells pics of her baby that she murdered and rakes in over 200K. Then, she uses that money to pay her defense in her daughter's murder trial. Now, she doesn't have any of the money and owes the gov't tax on that money that she doesn't even had anymore. This girl is as dumb as a box of rocks. I also think she is plainly guilty and I hope she is executed. However, I thought the same thing about Scott Peterson and he still has yet to be executed. Casey will probably be the same way even if she gets the death penalty.

Starla

Home Skillet, you got that right (both posts!)

Blondie

How could she possibly owe that much in income taxes? Especially since she wasn't even working...

Paloma

That so sad and disgusting. She made money off her child's death. I personally believe she had some role in the baby's death whether it was from neglect or murder. Just makes her more guilty not only was she partying the whole month her kid was missing. Instead of handing photos over of her kid to help people find her she sold them. She is sick.

Rowdysmyboy

I too was wondering why she would have such a big IRS bill since she was supposed to be unemployed. However, my guess is that she was getting money from rag magazines for her story.

me

WTF?? I make 100,000 a year and it would take me 10 years to owe that kind of money. She didn't even have a job???

stef

That's it, MaryAnn..the Murderer was paid $250K in 2008 for pics/videos of Caylee...HAHAHHAHAHAHA...I love it. Stupid murdering skank.

payam nassirpour

wow

Eastender

Hello - there's testimony that she did not work in 2008 and lived off of stolen money from her parents. I call this story total BS. TMZ please post a copy of this supposed tax lien. We at least know she wasn't working from June until December (time her baby was killed/she was arrested/spent time in jail) in 2008. We also know she did not work anywhere in 2008. Hello!

stef

Oh Murderer...KARMA is a BITCH!

Angela

That doesn't make sense. Owing $68,000 in taxes? She would have had to make about $250,000 that year to owe that much.

Mad Dog

Really? If someone paid her for the photos they were as stupid as anyone. All the photos I have seen of her were already free and available on the web including her personal account at photobucket until it was blocked/removed a couple weeks after her being arrested. I had downloaded them all before that happened and never thought about low balling the price and selling them then. Damn.