Alleged Baby Killer Casey Anthony -- The $68,000 Bill

5/26/2011 10:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Accused child murderer Casey Anthony is in more hot water with the feds -- the I.R.S. believes she failed to pay $68k in taxes back in 2008 ... the same year she allegedly killed her 2-year-old daughter.

0526_casey_andrews_AP110524137038_EX

TMZ obtained a tax lien filed against Anthony in Florida last week -- and according to the document, Casey never forked over $68,520 in federal taxes in 2008.

Casey was charged with first-degree murder the same year -- and is currently on trial in Orlando, FL ... facing the death penalty if convicted.

Calls to Casey's attorney were not immediately returned.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

she looks like she would be fun to party with..such a shame

Amanda

I believe she owes it for the $200,000 plus dollars she received for selling pictures and videos of her daughter.

Me

For those that follow this case I am confused about something. Did I hear the prosecutor right in opening statements that George said Casey left at 1:50pm that day but cell records show she was at the house until 4pm?

chicagannie

I don't get it...$68K in taxes? I thought she was unemployed, faking a job somewhere. What are the taxes for? Did she get $150K in donations to help find her daughter? Explain, please.

RabbleRouser

I wish someone put me in a cell with her, I'd gut her like a fish and strangle her with her own intestines.

HARRY NIPPLES, Jr.

She would have to earn well north of $260...,000 to have a tax bill that high.

She's baaaack

There is a huge piece of the puzzle missing here. The girl didn't have a job and pretty much stole to make a living. How does she owe any money, especially such a huge amount? 'splain?

david

can you confirm what the taxes are for,

did she make money from sale of her story or the pictures etc

She's baaaack

@Lisa, okay so say you. The thing is, you aren't the (dubious) journalist who wrote the article and just happened to leave that out. That is to whom the commenters are responding to. I think it is up to the bearer of the news to explain just what the *f* they're talking about. No?

Lisa

I don't have all the facts, but Websleuths .dot com does. They have all the details on this case - more than the media has. They have sleuthed this case to the fullest! It's is an amazing place to go for the details on this case.

ominous_goo

She killed her child..........who gives a rat's ass that she never paid her taxes!! Oh yeah she killed her poor little baby but she WON"T pay her taxes...that's where she draws the line!!

Lisa

She hasn't sold her story, just pictures of her baby, Caylee.

Her attorneys are saying Caylee's death was an accident (she fell in the pool and drowned), but what I don't understand is....if that's the truth why didn't she come forward with the accident story sooner? Why sit in jail for 3 years facing a death penalty case if it was just a horrible accident? And why was there duct tape over the babies nose and mouth? The duct tape didn't accidently get placed on the baby's mouth or entangled in her hair. Doesn't make sense. Casey has lied all her life, but she expects us to believe now that she's telling the truth and the baby drowned? REALLY? Please......it's a bunch of bunch. She killed her baby. It was premeditated. I hope she gets Life without Parole. Death Penalty will be too easy for her.

I

ARTOFWAR

....WHAT SAY YOU !!!---- 68 thousand dollars in capitol gains taxes??? Ummm, just what was this murderous whore doing for a living besides killing tots, that she would owe the Feds 68k for one years capitol gains tax.

Oh, no,no,no---TMZ I suggest you commence further investigative activity into this matter. The only way this killer trollop made the kind of income that would merit that amount of tax, is only if she was stripping and/or selling her holes for cash, and fraudulently didn't file her W-2s at all....Artofwar

en Todo Momento!!

n how is she supposed to pay that off???! i'm sure the 'license plate stamper' job is already taken... any more room in the 'grocery bag glueing' department?

Kimberly

Although I believe this woman killed her daughter, there is no f-ing way she owed that much in taxes at her age. I have a very good business and even I don't owe that kind of money! B-****!!!!!!