Cheryl Cole Fired, British Accent Butchered

5/26/2011 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cheryl Cole wasn't the only casualty when Simon Cowell dropped her from "X-Factor" -- because the English language was also slaughtered ... by Cheryl and TMZ staffers.
052611_TV_cheryl_still

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

Luan

I got what she was saying... but it took a little longer then it should have. I see the reason for replacing her, but with a former *****cat doll? Really?

Kartrashian Klown

She's hot, but I think her accent has some Irish accent on her. That's why her accent ids hard to understand:it's English and Irish.

bruce

I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU GUYS! I USED TO LIVE IN THE CANARY ISLANDS AND WATCHED THE X FACTOR ALL THE TIME. CHERYL COLE SPEAKS FINE ENGLISH ! I GREW UP IN EUROPE AND KNOW ALL KINDS OF ACCENTS. AMERICANS THINK IN THE BOX, THEY DONT MAKE AN EFFORT TO UNDERSTAND A FOREIGNER. CHERYL HAS THE SEXIEST VOICE, IF ONLY YOU'D OPEN YOUR HEARS. THE VIDEOS YOU PUT UP WAS IN YOUR FAVOR : THERE WAS ALWAYS SOMEONE TALKING WHILE SHE WAS TALKING. THAT'S BELOW THE BELT TMZ.

RichardHeeneEPICFAIL

Everybody that says I'm not watching now because they fired Cheryl, really? I very much doubt it.

I am thrilled Nicole is the new judge, and think Nicole as one of the 4 judges will be better for the show.

Besides, Cheryl's accent is hard to understand at times. Watching that video. "What what what." *subtitles pklease*

JLo on Steroids

somebody call the waaaaaaaaaaambulance!

george fudge!

Brainless (and talentless) Paula Abdul is probably the one who couldn't understand her. She will fall off her own wagon soon enough.

Tanya

I just youtubed Cheryl, since I had never heard her speak before, and I understand her perfectly! As someone said before, she is much easier to understand than some southern people

spinner25

This is idiotic.

She's not that hard to understand. I'm an American born and raised and I understood EVERY WORD Cole spoke in the video TMZ posted.

Simon Cowel is a major douche.

Luna

I'm American and i can understand cheryl. But I don't want to listen to nicole. She has no musical talent what so ever. All she is good at is looking pretty. So how can she judge someone else's musical talent?

Mary Bailey

"Everybody that says I'm not watching now because they fired Cheryl, really? "

Yes really. I don't watch American Idol anymore and have never seen The Voice. I only started watching X Factor UK for Cheryl (and Dannii to a lesser extent).

I'm not interested in singing reality shows much anymore, or am I a fan of Paula and Simon's act or Nichole. Cheryl was my only reason for watching.

caroline

They knew she had a "Geordie" accent when they brought her on. I don't believe for a second that it's the real reason they kicked her off. There have been rumors about bad chemistry with Paula Abdul, and just watch... THAT is the real reason for the boot. Paula doesn't want to have a far hotter woman on. As for Nicole, she is not anywhere near as interesting as Cheryl, hence, she's ok by Paula.

Ryan

I don't find her to understand at all, she was something new and fresh I was looking forward to on this show. Nicole Sherzinger is fine, but Cheryl would have been a nice new face for America.

Beau Hajavitch

Yeah, but Nicole needs permission from Robin Antin first before she can say anything.

LadyBeagles

Ehmaricans have a hard time understanding Canadians so I'm not surprised. Eh.

Anne

Actually, she sounds Irish, not British.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments