Cheryl Cole Fired, British Accent Butchered

5/26/2011 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cheryl Cole wasn't the only casualty when Simon Cowell dropped her from "X-Factor" -- because the English language was also slaughtered ... by Cheryl and TMZ staffers.
052611_TV_cheryl_still

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

Philippa elliott

Why is it so hard to understand her northern accent?? - i do not get why the US cannot understand something different do there own - they should visit where she's from as her accent isnt as strong as it used to be - she took lessons for the US -WHY!!!

Josh Stapleton

I had no problem understanding her and I'm from Canada.

KUKA

Sayd whot???? wat chu tollking abou TMZ?

Jose Luna

How did she speak perfect English in this video?

Do a search for her on youtube (Fight for this love) is the name of her song. I just don't understand...

Gary Avila

So they fired Cheryl Cole because there would have been 2 female judges that they couldn't understand on the X Factor. During Paula's last season on Idol you could barely understand her anyways. Cheryl is a sweet beautiful woman and would have been a huge star here if they gave her a chance. I need to be the judge and we can call it the MEX Factor :)

DnA

To, Bad Accent Number 2 - She doesn't sound anything like eliza doolittle!! Poor comparison LOL

Beth

Hysterical! I could not understand one word - I'm bad with accents anyway, southern accents, new york accents, irish accents, indian accents...calling customer service is h*ll for me.

spearit

I agree with kalexis. She is speaking English not American. The problem is that the literacy rate is so low(around 65%) in the US then may not understand her.

JAN

This just further proves we're just stupid Americans. Great....

Meg

LOL I love how they put a clip of Irish travellers on here. I'm sure Cheryl's going to LOVE that...

DCHELLE

abby 10 hours ago
I HAVE HEARD LOT OF ENGLISH PEOPLE AND YOU THINK COME FROM ENGLAND THEY WOULD ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH.----------Oh abby, the irony in your post is amazing!

Jake

I feel really bad for Cheryl. She's going to lose a lot of face now and it's a shame.

And I get annoyed when people accuse her of miming and lip syncing. Do Americans know that she was the winner of a singing competition herself (along with 4 other girls to form the girl band Girls Aloud?)

She's not the most talented singer but she's a damn sight more attractive and interesting that bloody Nicole ****singer. Nicole flopped in America with her unreleased debut album and her latest singles are flopping too so why bother with her?

Her singles did fairly well here so she should have just come to the UK, maybe Europe, and just been a European celebrity like Kelly Rowland.

Whoever made the decision to get rid of Cheryl was an idiot and I'm really, really upset for her. It'll be embarrassing for her to return to the UK X Factor because it will seem like a step backwards AND a lot of people are saying they don't want her back because she left us in the first place. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this became the beginning of the end for her. All because of Simon Cowell and other money-grabbing, scared-to-take-risk big wig executives who don't understand and underestimate, and patronise their audience. Disgusting.

Brock

LOL, Americans are so stupid

anon

Why would Cheryl use ****ney slang? She's not from London, she's not even from the south of England!

London-****ney/Londoner-Michael Caine
Liverpool-Scouser/Liverpudlian-The Bealtes
Birmingham-Brummy-Ozzy Osbourne
Newcastle-Geordie-Sting
Manchester-Mancunian-The Gallagher brothers

Nikki (USA)

I watched every episode of X Factor in the UK and understood everything she said. I watched the video above and understood how could you not? I was excited for the Us version when I found out Cheryl Cole was going to be on it I am a massive fan but now I don't believe I will watch any episodes. WIsh you could've stayed Cheryl! Massive fan and I love your music!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments