« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dodger Beating -- Daughter Backs Suspect Alibi

5/26/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 9-year-old daughter of Dodger Stadium beating suspect Giovanni Ramirez has given a sworn statement supporting his claim he never set foot in the stadium on Opening Day ... when Bryan Stow was attacked.

0526_dodger_suspect_tmz_exd

TMZ obtained a photo of Giovanni and his daughter -- as well as the girl's statement ... detailing how she and her father spent March 31.

In the statement -- given to Giovanni's attorney Chip Matthews -- the girl says they were at an aunt and uncle's home early that day ... when her dad gave her a $100 bill to go buy a drink for him at a nearby store. She says her father was napping with his girlfriend at the time.

After the pickup, the girl says she played basketball with a cousin outside the house -- and then at 2PM left with her aunt and uncle to go get another cousin from school. She says when they returned she hung out with her father and family -- at the house -- for the rest of the day.

Matthews says, if necessary, the girl will testify on her father's behalf.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

piper

oops...........i meant to say besides, not beides. :)

what a beautiful day

SORRY

I don't buy her story. She was probably coached by her dad.
That suspect looks too much like that composite.

a mere mortal

dude is quite stoned in that photo..

gemini81

Mere Mortal,
Hell yeah he is!! Check out the poster of Bob Marley smoking a spliff right behind him...

Mrs. Mathers

Dave LaSalle 5 hours ago .....

hey fool, take $100 out the crack stash and go buy us a couple of forty's. Make sure you bring me all my change
----------------------------------------------------------
hahahahahhahahahahahhahaha funny s h i t

LA Pho Life

the piece of **** is even having his daughter lie for him.

LAX

he looks juist like the police sketch...

JGOMER

WOW, what a freakin' coincidence that his ex-gf was at the game and he was "babysitting!!" I say the police interrogate the hell of the little girl and yes she should testify. They need to scare the truth out of her!!! Wow, what a bright future she has to look forward too!

Agent X

Oh and I bet they all went to church that night too...

Even if the kid was smart for her age, and could actually remember these things, the first thing police check are surveillance cameras. Strike 1. Then check receipts to see who paid for a ticket. Strike 2. Then interview eye witnesses, and there were probably hundreds. Strike 3.

nicki

I'm 36 and don't remember what I did on March 31st.

spliffsmommy

damn..that little child is already leaning like a chola..in 2 yrs she will be sharpie eyebrowed all up..

who cares

Like this guy is going to give his 9 year old daughter a 100 dollar bill and tell her to walk to the store alone and buy daddy something to drink. I have a hard time remembering what i was doing on that day so how could a 9 year old remember? This guy is a idiot add another tear drop under your eye ya fing loser have fun spending 15-20 and gang bang all you want at pelican bay you piece of ****.

J

Ok kids are smart these days, but how exactly does that kid remember the date and which weekend, she's only ten...please...

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Fry this no good, ignorant, waste of space. Garbage like this Sorry piece of trash DO NOT deserve life. All animals like him do is take up space on this planet and cause destruction. What a loser.

Miss Reni

I agree w/ Brown Dynamite. He fits the profile of half of the dudes that live in Boyle Heights. I don't know if this guy did it, but from my experience w/ Police and detectives....There are good cops and bad cops. I had a friend that was charged with murder and HE DID NOT DO IT! He was at his daughters baptism, but because a witness said it was him....boom, charged w/ murder. They don't give a sh*t, they see it as "Oh and another gangbanger off the street" trust me.....I'm not saying he's innocent, plus there is alot of pressure on these detectives. I've had my run with quite a few cops that truthfully don't care, it's just another conviction on there belt. Keep in my mind, cops don't need a college degree to be cops, in my eyes a majority of them are made up of people that were bullied as a kid, take a look at the lame ass 3000 boys at mens central jail, perfect scenario of people who couldn't get into real gangs because they are from the suburbs....big weenies.lolol.... However, Det. Rickard of Hollenbeck division is one great detective who actually cares....He's the only I one I could vouch for.