Lindsay Lohan Surrenders -- Begins House Arrest

5/26/2011 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is officially confined to her townhouse ... TMZ has learned the actress surrendered to authorities this morning and has begun to serve her house arrest sentence.

0526_lilo_house_arrest_BN

Accompanied by the effervescent Shawn Holly, Lohan arrived to the Lynwood Jail at 5:02 AM this morning to check in -- where she was fitted with an electronic ankle bracelet. She was quickly sent home to her pad in Venice, CA and we're told she'll spend roughly 35 days in confinement.

According to the booking sheet, 24-year-old Lohan was listed at 5'7" and 117 lbs.

The sentence stems from Lohan's legal troubles involving a necklace she allegedly stole from a Venice jeweler. Lohan pled no contest in the case.

In addition to the house arrest, Lohan was also ordered to complete 480 hours of community service – which includes a stint at the L.A. County morgue.

Blood Red Witch

Wow, Seal Team, you give her way more credit than I did. I still think less than a week. By next weekend she will be going nuts not being in the clubs.

lou

Wow, Seal, you credit her with MUCH patience. 14 days before a jail break? That's two weeks in our time, two lifetimes in Lindsay's.

Also, is she gonna be "jailed" for her birthday? LOL!

agold

She's 5'7" tall? That makes Harvey, what? 6'3" tall? Wow. The camera reduces height now. Interesting.

lou

LOL, BRW, jinx, we said the same thing!

MoonDust

7 days before she can no longer "hide" from her "stalker". California court system is a total joke, and yet I have to go to court for making a U turn, and I know the judge would call me stupid, lol, true though I have to go to court for that.

DanicaMarie

I love that they had to get in her weight and height as if it was some big news.

Wooo, good job TMZ, you're reeeeal journalists lol.

chris

she got off easy AGAIN. what she REALLY needs is to go to a very strict rehab and lock down. every celebrity gets off when they are in trouble

Blood Red Witch

Chateau, "Lindsay, you need me.....you miss me......andrew is in the bathroom!!!!"

Linsay, "Fvck it! I am over the wall!"

Seal Team 6

BRW --

I figure she can have drugs, alcohol, whatever brought to her, so that will keep her drugged up and hazy for a while, then she'll feel like getting her photos in the tabs again, and will snap.

Martha Stewart got in trouble for going to her GARDEN during her house arrest after prison.

lou

Moon Dust - you have to go to COURT for a U-Turn?????? WTF? Are you contesting the charge? Geez oh weez, but poor wittle Wie-ho gets house arrest for her crimes.

Bet she's liquored up the house reeeeeeeeeeal good. Mommy Drearest probably has already installed the spigots of vodka and red bull in the kitchen sink.

Blood Red Witch

I dont think she has a men's room in her rented condo. Where will she hang out? How will she ever find Andrew? Will she have to flash her boobs from the rooftop?

So many questions

Good riddance!

She's not worried. She can sneak out, use drugs, drink, commit crimes, whatever, and all while wearing an ankle bracelet because no one seems to care just how many crimes she does. I hope this changes, because she's a completely arrogant idiot and she will find a way to fail again. I hope they nail her good when she does!

justsaying

Got to love the white people justice system, her record and 45 days at home.WOW

Reuben Rolando

Reuben Rolando wishes the lovely senorita Lindsay Lohan a good 35 days. It is a beautiful morning in Rolando Villa, and I will be thinking of all the lovely senoritas as I Reuben Rolando take my morning stroll. XOXO

nkiru

This is madness. I hate this skank with every bone in my body.