Lindsay Lohan Surrenders -- Begins House Arrest

5/26/2011 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is officially confined to her townhouse ... TMZ has learned the actress surrendered to authorities this morning and has begun to serve her house arrest sentence.

0526_lilo_house_arrest_BN

Accompanied by the effervescent Shawn Holly, Lohan arrived to the Lynwood Jail at 5:02 AM this morning to check in -- where she was fitted with an electronic ankle bracelet. She was quickly sent home to her pad in Venice, CA and we're told she'll spend roughly 35 days in confinement.

According to the booking sheet, 24-year-old Lohan was listed at 5'7" and 117 lbs.

The sentence stems from Lohan's legal troubles involving a necklace she allegedly stole from a Venice jeweler. Lohan pled no contest in the case.

In addition to the house arrest, Lohan was also ordered to complete 480 hours of community service – which includes a stint at the L.A. County morgue.

dan

who cares..

Blood Red Witch

She will violate before next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! 35 days! LMAO! Nope wont happen. She is twitching in there rite now!

Puckett

I'm glad they had the good sense to give her time off for overcrowding even with house arrest. lol

Otherwise non violent offenders might opt for a short stay in jail rather then a lengthy house arrest, thereby increasing pressure to release other more violent inmates just to make room for newer inmates.

Besides, Lindsay is a celebrity. She can do whatever the f&ck she wants! Why is this even news?

Blood Red Witch

Daddy will come spend time with her and bring breakfast in bed!! W

Seal Team 6

Pablo --

It is immoral and unAmerican to have a multi-tiered justice system that depends on status and bank account. Lady Justice wears a blindfold for a reason.

Vinsetta

Where is this stunning mug shot she had a month to prepare for?

Grandma Cracker

ROLANDO....."haters" swoon......

Seal Team 6

@Mikey

I doubt it. Manywho are being released are low-level recreational drug users.

Red Cloud

lou 27 minutes ago
LOL, like the new picture much more. although it's obviously old - and photoshopped too cause her nails are clean.
----------------

lou, Lindsay doesn't have to be photoshopped to look great. Look close at her very pretty facial features. Just look. This is the NOW Lindsay. She's HOT! HOT!! HOT!!! I represent the majority view.

Blood Red Witch

vinsetta,

YES! I want to see the best mug shot in the history of mug shots!

Lovingit

She'll be creating drama soon enough to sell to Harvey. Can't stop the money flow with a little thing like house arrest, right?

Vinsetta

Sorry, should have read the Harvey story. She has the anklet on. She is gonna have a great time stuck at home. 10 to 14 days I would have been pissed. But 35...she will go nuts at home. I'm bored at home sometimes and am free to do anything.

Reuben Rolando

If Lindsay Lohan begins to dream of me, Reuben Rolando, she may be tempted to run away in a heat of passion into my arms, and into my life. I, Reuben Rolando, am used to this. If you were to call Lovers, stalkers in this modern age,I, Reuben Rolando am one stalked hombre, and I love all my senoritas.

messenger69

I hear she's looking for roommates. Any takers?

Palm Beach, FL

This cat has nine lives.