Lampanelli's GIANT $50K Check

Suck it, Hate Church

5/26/2011 1:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lisa Lampanelli just donated $50,000 to the good people at Gay Men's Health Crisis -- sticking it to the hate-mongering homophobes of Westboro Baptist Church -- and we got footage of the GIANT CHECK.

0526_lisa_laminelli_launch
TMZ broke the story ... Lisa challenged the hate church head on last week -- claiming for every rotten bastard from the WBC who showed up to protest her show in Topeka, Kansas ... she would donate $1,000 to a gay charity.

Lisa couldn't decide exactly how many protesters showed up -- the number was somewhere between 44 and 48 -- so she called it an even 50 ... and put her money where her mouth was yesterday in NYC, donating $50,000 to GMHC in the form of a giant novelty check.

Hate on that.

Wiley

Duh! She won by having to pay out $50K? How did that hurt the church? I suggest that gays line up outside their church every Sunday and see how they like that!

LadyBeagles

Lisa good for you. I'm sure the gentlemen could really use the donation. I see you in a whole different light.

croc

next week she will have to
kick out another 50 grand.
they wont stop..this wont
stop them. she's the sucker.

kris

Stud....

Andrew

Someone tell me why gay men have a health crisis?

tmzreader

Now, that's funny! If more folks thought like that, this world would have no choice but to stfu. Love it! Making money off the hate. It's about damn time that somebody would start using their brain, as opposed to the usual mere outrage used to pass around some more hate. Too cool.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

When I was following the first story, I read the comments. While most were positive, it amazes me how people dissect the reasons that Lisa did this. I know it's not going to make the church stop, but she still donated a lot of money. Also, others are whining that it should be split up or go to a completely different charity than the one she is donating to. For those people, I say s.t.f.u. and get off of YOUR OWN a-s-s and do something yourself for the charity you think deserves the money!

kingborg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

they live on a compound behind tall walls! they wont see anything.
and as for how did her giving 50k away hurt the church you asked
do try reading the story aka "Lisa challenged the hate church head on last week -- claiming for every rotten bastard from the WBC who showed up to protest her show in Topeka, Kansas ... she would donate $1,000 to a gay charity."

what would be great if you support what lisa did send a thank you letter to wbc!

preferredpest@yahoo.com

What gets me is all these self rightous we love homosexuals really are haters themselves, being they hate anyone , especially Christians who stand up for their belief that being homosexual is wrong, it is not only against nature, but is plainley in the Bible, Muslums also do not agree with this lifestyle chocie but you never hear these people say anything about the Muslums because they remain silent until they can take over then execute all homosexuals. Nothing wrong with standing up for what you believe to be wrong, if people want to protest the otherside nothign appears to be said about it, so who really is the hater & hypocrite? I just wonder if she pays her FAIR share of taxes, maybe someone needs to check into that.

ghfghfg

LISAS ROCK!!!!!!!!!! :D

bob

only makes sense that filth stick with filth,

fkeys

man on man action....yay

Bill

big waste of money

Louis

Right on, even though I think it's fantastic what Lisa did, the WBC will never understand anything. Their pride won't let them see that they got pwned.

erica

i like the idea she has,but i dont see her donating **** to the ppl in joplin.