Mariah Carey Twins Probe -- Case Closed

5/26/2011 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services has just wrapped up its interview with Mariah Carey and has concluded there is no merit to the investigation -- sources connected with DCFS tell TMZ.

0526_mariah_carey_GETTY_EX

We're told DCFS social workers interviewed Mariah and spent time with the twins -- and concluded the children were in a healthy and safe environment.

The investigation was triggered by an anonymous phone call to DCFS complaining that Mariah drank a Guinness beer while she was breast feeding.

As we reported, Mariah was informed by a hospital staffer that drinking a dark beer would assist her in lactating.  We're told Mariah informed social workers she simply followed the hospital staffer's advice and drank the Guinness, never hiding the fact that she consumed the drink.

We're told Mariah's lawyer, Laura Wasser, was present during the DCFS interview today.

Our DCFS sources say officials have concluded there is no merit to the complaint.

chefadam

Squat out twins ! You deserve a 12 pack baby!

Lynda

This makes me so mad, drinking a small amount of beer before breast feeding helps the your milk come in. Don't assume until you know the facts!!! Leave her alone...

HMMMM

Now it is time to check out the hospital staff. This is outrageous. Having had my confidential information used by a staffer for personal reasons (accessed my medical file to get my home phone number), I am doubly outraged over this. She was not advised to get DRUNK, she was advised that drinking a Guiness would help with lactating. FFS, she has TWINS, anything to help would be great. Try breast feeding twins, its not easy. SHAME.

chefadam

My pa used to give me Jack Daniels and honey to help my cough when I was sick. Said it was medicinal purposes. Still works! Just prefer scotch now.

Amy

I knew this was a BS claim to begin with! Their children are so wanted and loved. I hope whoever made these false claims gets there's! Karma is a bitch!

hummm

In many countries in South America, women drink a malt beverage, similar to guinnes to help them lactating. So it is a common thing in the third world.

HumanNature

I'LL DRINK TO THAT!!!

ENJOY "PARENTHOOD" NICK & MARIAH!!!

RichardHeeneEPICFAIL

CPS are a complete joke. 9/10 cases they investigate are cases that have no merit. Meanwhile thousands of children are being physically & sexually abused, in which people can provide physical proof of the abuse of a child and they choose to ignore those claims. CPS are not all for the child's welfare, for some if not most, it's just a paycheck.

caroline

Beer makes your boobs fill up soooo fast with milk! However, I was a bit concerned about breastfeeding my baby after having had a beer... but she has to make milk for 2!

Beer aside, I am shocked that for a woman of Mariah's vanity would even BE breastfeeding one, let alone 2 babies!

Mary Bailey

Even people working for DCFS are willing to take TMZ's money in exchange for information. Disgusting.

chefadam

Lucky babies!

amc

You go, Mariah, already being the best mama in the world to her to angels. That is what lactation specialist will tell you, to drink beer. The ingredients assist in the production of milk as well as relax the mother for the "let down" of her milk. New mamas are nervous and this can definitely impede in the body in releasing milk. I love that new mama didn't back down or try to get out it. Congratulations, Mariah, on your complete new little family. You deserve so much happiness and its finally here.

Everyones~A~Star

My Doc advised me to have a half a beer when having issues nursing, makes the milk start flowing....a lil goes a long way but it is advised by many drs. People are *******s. Sad she had to go through that.

graduatebaby11

wow...people are pathetic everyday it seems as if government officials waste there time hunting down celebrities than actual abusers. I have two toddlers and honestly a little drink every now and again helps.

reily