Mariah Carey Twins Probe -- Case Closed

5/26/2011 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services has just wrapped up its interview with Mariah Carey and has concluded there is no merit to the investigation -- sources connected with DCFS tell TMZ.

0526_mariah_carey_GETTY_EX

We're told DCFS social workers interviewed Mariah and spent time with the twins -- and concluded the children were in a healthy and safe environment.

The investigation was triggered by an anonymous phone call to DCFS complaining that Mariah drank a Guinness beer while she was breast feeding.

As we reported, Mariah was informed by a hospital staffer that drinking a dark beer would assist her in lactating.  We're told Mariah informed social workers she simply followed the hospital staffer's advice and drank the Guinness, never hiding the fact that she consumed the drink.

We're told Mariah's lawyer, Laura Wasser, was present during the DCFS interview today.

Our DCFS sources say officials have concluded there is no merit to the complaint.

Chelle

Now I'm hearing that this story is not true!

Anna

ANYONE can call in a "tip". The sad thing; it will follow her around forever. Even when a wellness check is done and all is good it won't go away. I feel bad for her.
BTW, a 1/2 of or one beer thickens breast milk and women have been doing this for eons.

brittneywtf

wtf?! you cant even get one person buzzed off one guinness nevermind an adult and two children. lay off her jeeze

MoonDust

I don't know Mariah but I sure that she would not put those babies in any type of danger, her or her husband Nick C. But I do understand why they had to investigate, wish they would investigate everything as fast as they did Mariah's case. Happy for her and her husband that this case is closed. They will make great parents!

Kayan Phoenix

man whats wrong with her, i've had help from lactation consultant while my son was in the NICU and at NO time did she or the other consultants say for me to drink alcohol, i was told LOTS of Water, and to make sure i didn't skip any meals, cause whatever goes in ur Tummy will be in the mild in less than an hour,

i was told a warm cloth on ur chest will help, n don't stress out, or the milk would stop flowing, i hope she learned her lesson, if she wants to drink then bottle feed,

corkie murphy

Of course..........My youngest of 4 is 44..........It has been known that having a beer increases lactating since I had the first in 1960..............Come on people, GET - A - Life........

stickkyq

why americans think that they are smarter than the third world countries, FYI: our education is at a higher level than yours. litlle lou lou. that's why the nurses,doc's and teachers are being ask to come to american and work, and that's a fact.

Rebecca

They need to arrest the dip**** that made this call, wasting tax dollars and the time of people that need to be investigating REAL issues. However, the DCFS office should also be blamed for following up on such an obviously bs call....God people are stupid.....ARGH!!

Britney

WE LOVE YOU MARIAH AND KNOW YOU WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING TO HURT YOUR CHILDREN.

randi

I was given beer in the hospital too

brittany

wow this really does amaze me that cps was called for some stupid stuff like this when i just suffered the most painful loss of my life when the baby i watched all the time loss his life in a fire and the parents are still walking around.(even though the police found drugs and not to mention they r suspects in the babies death) seems to me that the system needs to get their priorities straight....

Robin

love u Mariah,glad to see that u chose to breast feed your beautiful babes

lindsey

If 1 beer is bad while breastfeeding, I should be in jail. I have had shots and glasses of wine while breastfeeding. Not for lactation for my consumption. The yeast in the beer is what helps with lactation. You can take brewers yeast and do that.

Nathalie

this is the most ridiculous thing can exist! How could people think that Mariah Carey would hurt their newborn babies? We know Mariah and she would never do something like take drugs or drink alcohol when breastfeeding! it is incredible that a single nurse near her to hurt and make money!

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Children services should have gotten involved BEFORE she became pregnant. The woman is a loon who should have been barred from reproduction.