'Grease' Star Jeff Conaway -- Dead at 60

5/27/2011 11:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Grease" star Jeff Conaway has died today ... several weeks after he was found unconscious in his L.A. area home ... TMZ has confirmed with the actor's family.

Jeff Conaway Dead

Conaway -- a notorious substance abuser -- had reportedly fallen into a coma after suffering an overdose earlier this month ... and doctors were not able to revive him.

Jeff's inner struggles became public when he appeared on "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" in 2008 and admitted to being addicted to cocaine, alcohol and painkillers.

Conaway -- who played Kenickie during the 1978 film "Grease" -- was 60 years old.

0526_jeff_conaway_footer_v2

MIDNIGHT TOKER

Rhubino 10 minutes ago
Midnight Toker, I forgot about that scene - good call. If you type "jeff conaway taxi" on YouTube, it's near the top of the page.
------------------------------------------
thanks for the youtube idea..I just watched it again and its just as good as when I saw it many years ago,,now that is acting

Criss

That sucks. He wasn't an old man, but after his recent turn for the worse, it was pretty obvious that it was only a matter of days. Either way, my thoughts are with his family and friends. No doubt this is hard for them right now.

Areader

Very sad...I pray for Jeff's family and friends.

Red Barenass

RIP Jeff may the struggles you faced in life here be no more. It is so sad that addiction takes so many lives every day.

Violette-Blue

RIP Jeff. I had a major crush on you when you were on Taxi and in Grease. You were a great actor. May your soul be at peace now.

Ziggy

Ahh sorry to hear that. You're free of pain now. RIP Jeff

David Wolfe

I enjoyed watching him, Jeff was also on Babylon 5 as Zack Allan is a character in the fictional universe of the science-fiction television series Babylon 5, played by Jeff Conaway. He regularly appeared in the show from season 2 onwards. During the second and third seasons of the series he was a security officer on the Babylon 5 station. In the fourth season he was promoted to become Babylon 5's Security Chief, and he maintains that position through the end of the series fifth and final season.
*** I now see he had suffered much though Life, for any feeling the same way, please check out EMDR http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_movement_desensitization_and_reprocessing

leenie

RIP Jeff. I too hope he has now found the peace he couldn't find here. I will never forget his role on the sitcom Taxi as well as Grease.

sharkfossil

He was great in Pete's Dragon

In these hills is a great song

with Shelley Winters, Charles Tyner, Gary Morgan and Jeff Conaway

Jack DaCarup

RIP Jeff. You're free now!

kris

Such a sad end for a sad soul. It was painful to watch him go through this....must have been horrible to live it. There is a fate worse than death and I think he is finally at peace...I hope he is.

Chai

R.I.P. Jeff. I used to love this man on Taxi and in Grease. God rest his soul.

the real diva

how sad RIP JEFF

Barbarascy

I know this sounds strange but I'm glad that his pain is over. Drug addiction is a bitch and some people just don't know how to get past it. They spend most of their lives fighting it in one way or another. And some of them don't win and the only out is death. I am sad to hear of his passing though. RIP Jeff.