'Grease' Star Jeff Conaway -- Dead at 60

5/27/2011 11:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Grease" star Jeff Conaway has died today ... several weeks after he was found unconscious in his L.A. area home ... TMZ has confirmed with the actor's family.

Jeff Conaway Dead

Conaway -- a notorious substance abuser -- had reportedly fallen into a coma after suffering an overdose earlier this month ... and doctors were not able to revive him.

Jeff's inner struggles became public when he appeared on "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" in 2008 and admitted to being addicted to cocaine, alcohol and painkillers.

Conaway -- who played Kenickie during the 1978 film "Grease" -- was 60 years old.

0526_jeff_conaway_footer_v2

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Big Taters

RE: DR DREW

I don't completely blame DR Drew for Jeff's death, however, he doesn't bear some responsibility.

IF Jeff or any other celebrity was ACTUALLY serious about recovery and they were mistaken to think DR DREW and his entertainment company were actually interested in helping - then DR DREW is responsible on some level. DR DREW is nothing more than an entertainer now.

ANYBODY who knows ANYTHING about the process of rehab or detox knows that DR DREW breaks about every rule. Anonymity. Broken. Sexual relationships. Broken.

His show is nothing more than entertainment at the health risk of those who are hurting.

It's a sick show and DR DREW is a piece of **** for exploiting hurting people.

If you don't understand that, you've never had tremors from withdrawing from your favorite vice or had a friend die from such ****.

F U C K Y O U D R D R E W

Valerie

Very sad what is even worse that no one should be placed in a TV reality show so that others profit on another individuals illness. Shame n DR DREW and his network. May this man rest in peace. He and Andy are probably having a good time gettting reacquantied after all this time. Does anybody remember that he was Bobby on Taxi.

Danny Z

I hope you're finding the peace that eluded you here. Nonetheless, this world - MY world - will have one more empty space. Grease was my all time favorite movie. I felt as if that movie was my life in a way. You were an integral part of both my vicarious life via Grease and to the movie and legacy thereof.

Rest well old buddy. Thanks for what you contributed while God let us have you for a while.

Danny Z ( not the real one folks)

sleepynb

pneumonia preys on the weak. Some call it "the old man's friend."

Alpo103

Living with addiction is tough and all the rehabs in the world won't help if you don't let them (been there over and over but clean now). I didn't have the same problem Jeff had ...thats rough having "fame and fortune" then having only "glory days fame" and broke. I think he had a broken spirit which is very sad.

I just hope he had the right relationship with God and asked Jesus to be his Lord and Savior because when it all comes down to it thats the most important part because eternity can be a wonderful thing or a horrible thing and its a long long time.

richard ramirez

so sorry to hear about his passing, quite a talented actor just goes to show addiction is a serious problem an should be the main focus on societys ills, but also being of good faith i know hes in a better place may he rest in peace Grease forever, Rich.

lyneg

drugs! when will they ever learn?Anyhoo R.I.P

Tyler

When me and my mom found out we were like damn ,we were so scared that he was gonna die ,because the way he looked on Doctor Drew I wish he could've stayed longer and maybe he would be alive.I Love Jeff he will always be in my heart

EmmettLollis

I caught up with Jeff Conaway's friend, producer Tommy Parker just hours after Jeff's unfortunate death. If you're interested, you can view the interview here: http://www.emmettlollis.com/blog/2011/entertainment/jeff-conaway-death-interview-with-producer-tommy-parker/

Angelika

How come none of the tmz nazis are calling him a druggie or a crackhead? Oh that's right he isn't black, suck a **** *******s.

Amy

Rest in peace, Jeff. I hope you are at peace.

jim

As a struggling addict myself,I hope this teaches all of us a lesson.Addiction kills,Period.r.i.p. Jeff

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9