Lindsay Lohan -- The ART Of The House Arrest

5/27/2011 6:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan plans to spend her stint under house arrest doing lots of painting ... reading ... and relaxing at her townhouse by the beach -- exactly the kind of hard time the judge intended.

0527_lilo_house_tmz_composite_ex

Sources close to the actress tell us ... Lohan is looking at her confinement as a "time to relax, focus on her recovery and figure out her new game plan for her life and career."

Before she started to serve her time -- Lohan stocked up on art canvases so she can paint to release the stress.

We're told Lohan also has a stack of scripts she intends to read -- so she can decide on her next project.

Lohan is confident she will be released from house arrest before her birthday on July 2nd -- and we're told she's already making plans for a sober celebration.

No wonder she was smiling yesterday.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Everyones~A~Star

Good on you Lindsey. Painting is incredibly therapeutic and something good for her to get into. sobriety has to be backed by lifestyle changes. Sounds like she is finding better ways to handle stress and vent creative energy then in a bottle. Helps if people are supportive of the changes and effort.

Julia

I see very awkward photo-ops of her hanging out the window in the near future.

MoonDust

No wonder celebs LOVE LOVE LOVE LA, I mean they get DUI/DWI s break the law as if the law DOES not apply to them, do as they please and NEVER get in trouble. Had it been a regular Joe/Jane, the "overcrowded jail" excuse would not had applied. Lyndsay, I must say that I admire your creative ways of ALWAYS getting away with EVERYTHING!!!!Just a matter of time before her "stalker" drives her to a bar and gets her drunk and high!!!

The Hollywood Sun

Put me down for a couple of paintings at $1 million each..Good luck, Lindsay, keep working on it, and read up on how Picasso got his start.

tlcmk

So if I can get house arrest in LA they will put me up in a mansion? Where do I sign up?

Fat hand puppet

Does anyone know if Lindsay is being drug tested or wearing an alcohol anklet???

I am guessing she isn't.

elliot

If I got busted for STEALING something I'm sure I would go to jail. But, I'm not a blond anything from get out of jail free Ville. So I guess the rules are different for me. And for most people.

Anonymous

Yeah, because this is the way that every other prisoner gets to spend their JAIL SENTENCE, right? Most people would call this a VACATION! I suppose it's only a matter of time before Lindsay is in trouble again, and if this is how she gets "punished," I don't even blame HER anymore, I blame California's joke of a justice system! Anyone would behave the way Lindsay does if they could get away with it or get REWARDED the way she does! Sure must be nice to be a celebrity and get to break all the laws you want without ever having to suffer the same consequences that anyone else in the same situation would! If it were anyone else, they would have been in jail (REAL jail) long ago and in there for a good long time!

lolpeace

Ms. Lohan. There are a lot of people rooting for you. Please exorcise your demons. They will always haunt you and you must be very strong. Good luck and God bless. lopeace

Freedom

Sale of the latest electronic components blocked on utterly absurd nuclear reasons. No wonder there is no future.

BTW Lindsay is not free.

Aljorie

While Sunshine (who always gets away with murder more than us regular everyday people commenting on her hot ass mess) is on her precious house arrest she should use that time to really be more constructive FOR HER LIFE!! Why not read up on the history of Jeff Conway? She should read into his history, perhaps catch Youtube clips of him on Celebrity Fit Club and Celebrity Rehab. Perhaps read up on his autopsy as well!! Keep dabbling in and out of your **** Sunshine and not trying to get it together and you will end up like him too- SMDH.

Keep on vulture like standby enabling *** TMZ and other wack *** media outlets. Perhaps you may get another Anna Nicole for your patience... SMDH

anonymous

i have inside reports that lohan has been consuming alcohol under house arrest.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8