« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Legend Warrick Dunn -- I'm No Gun Runner!

5/27/2011 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former Atlanta Falcons running back Warrick Dunn says he feels "violated" -- after cops pulled him over outside ATL and told him he had the characteristics of someone "transporting drugs and guns."

0527_warrick_dunn_GETTY_BN

36-year-old Dunn says cops told him they pulled him over because his tinted windows were "too dark" ... but Dunn insinuates he was racially profiled.

During the stop, Dunn -- who is black -- says 4 white officers targeted him with "a lot of personal questions" and told him "I had the characteristics of people transporting drugs & guns."

Dunn says the cops searched his car and gave him a warning for the tint.

After the incident, the 3-time Pro Bowler went to his Facebook page and said, "Felt violated and I've had my car since '08, nvr been pulled ovr for tint. Taken back bc I think the reasoning was bad. Ruined my day but not my spirit."

UPDATE: Dunn's rep tells us Warrick was frustrated after the incident -- and after cops explained that he was traveling through a high-crime area ... he understood the officers were just trying to do their job.

Warrick, through his rep, tells TMZ ... "As the son of a hard working police officer, I understand the stress that police officers are under."

Dunn adds, "The real lesson in all this is that Twitter is a powerful tool but what happened to me is the same thing that  happens to a lot of people every day. I’ll take care of it through the appropriate channels just like everyone else has to."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Olivia3100

Dreadful!!! You are a man of character and generosity!! Sad this kind of thing(s)continue to happen. Why can't we all just get along!

coastal

Hey Dunn...your windows are too dark, idiot. You've been lucky to have not been pulled over til now. And I'll bet the story is not quite as dramatic as you described. Blacks LOVE to play the race card whenever the police pull them over. UN-tint your windows buddy and get on with your life.

Prince Matalia

Warrick Dunn is an amazing, and he has every right to feel violated

datruth

NFL legend? Did one of the girls write this story, a good player at best, legend, wow talk about stretching the word

Cynstriss

Tinted windows means they couldn't see what race you are...DUH!

GuyinFlorida

A lot of the people commenting on here DO NOT live in the southern states, so you have no clue what it's like to live here. Racist activity is very much alive here, also; read up on Warrick Dunn...he is well respected and actually cares for people and does good with his money. His mother was a cop and was killed in the line of duty. It did not make him bitter and because of that situation, it made him start a non-profit organization where he helps single mothers with housing. If this dude says he was racially profiled..he is one of the FEW I actually would believe.

Jenn

First off if your windows were so "dark" then how could the cop see the color of your skin to racially profile? I am so sick of black people pulling the race card for EVERYTHING!

aaron

When all else fails, play the "race card." You didn't fail to disappoint. By claiming racial profiling, you just demonstrated the type of racist YOU are!

WHITEOUT

I always find it funny that racists say racism doesan't exist smh. This guy's mother was a cop he is one of the classiest pro athletes you will ever meet. Racism is always good until you are the victim. How many white ppl get asked if they are drug dealers o wait you wouldnt know b/c you probably never had to deal with a racist. stfu you sick ****ks

jxtr

This guy is really nice. Also, I believe his mother was a police officer.

Tracy

Dunn's a honorable guy. He's not a whiner, a race-baiter, or a trouble maker. If he says he felt racially profiled, he probably had good reason to feel that way.

justsaying

I keep hearing about this race card,could anyone tell me where to get one from.Do they sale them at wal-mart maybe target.Some people really think racism is dead.FOOLS

BLACK BODY'S STILL ON THE RISE IN THE MISSISSIPPI

daldevs

All you tards talking smack have no idea the type of man Warrick is. He's done more to help others in one month of his life than the vast majority of you have done in your lives, guaranteed. So, please.

cody

wow some of you people are morons. This wasn't about windows, it was about the questioning and then search of his vehicle. How many times you get your car searched when getting about the lowest ticket you can get? This was pure racism 100%. You people need to grow up. No I am not black, I am clean cut white as can be. And why the hell did he let them search the car. It amazes me how many people never stand up and be American. Never ever let the cops search you car without PC or a warrant. Especially if you have nothing to hide.

pookie

really 99.9 % of the ppl who commented knws NOTHING about having tinted windows..."too dark" doesnt mean there black/cant see inside from the outside..it means its too dark for whatever regulations your state has...you can still see thru them but you can only have dark ones in the back and not front nor windshield....soooo STFU! he didnt go all crazy and fight the cops nor take to twitter on some rant...