« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Avril Lavigne -- Take Me Out to the F*@&%+ Ball Game!

5/29/2011 9:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Avril Lavigne was all smiles when she threw out the first pitch before last night's Tampa Bay Rays game, but she lobbed a few four-letter words at the crowd when a technical glitch messed with her post-game concert.

0529_avril_AP_EXD
According to local reports, Avril's mic didn't work at the start of her show ... and she responded to the cavalcade of boos by yelling obscenities at crowd.

Rays rep Rick Vaughn tells TMZ, "The Rays demand profanity-free performances from all of our concert performers and we are extremely disappointed by the language used in last night's show. It is not consistent with the family-friendly atmosphere that Tropicana Field is known for."

Calls to Lavigne's rep were not returned.

UPDATE -- Several of our readers were in attendance last night and point out via our message board ... that while Avril did drop a few F-bombs, they weren't directed at anyone in particular. Her real fans, it seems, enjoyed the show just fine.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

john hartil

Wow! A Rock singer swears. Would you believe it!

Frank

Her "real" fans. All three of them? She should be getting ready to decide what pins she will wear on her new smock at the Piggly Wiggly. Clean in aisle seven.... Maybe one of the Simpson sisters will do her orientation.

ken klein

another example of just how much of a douchebag she really is..she's a talentless bitch with a lousy voice,and she probably only got a record contract because she blew every producer in the building.i wouldn't touch her on my worst day.she's a skank,and she looks like a whore..F@*K YOU,AVRIL!!!

Sandra

No class here!!!

Darienite

I am no angel and use profanity quite often however only in private and NEVER in front of anyone. This is some of the courtesy taught to me by my parents. It seems that the "F" word is a constant part of today's vocabulary and I hear it in regular conversations in restaurants, in airports, etc. Our youth is being raised by many parents that would rather be their children's friend than to correct them and teach them the manners that were used years ago. One cannot go to see a comedian or other live show without them trying to play to the younger crowd and create the shock factor with constant profanity. This is definitely the "ME" generation where it's all about me and who cares about others. My wife and my friend's wives are complete ladies and I would never take them to shows where disgusting language is used. I respect them more than that and it would totally embarrass me to be in their presence while obscenities are use at leisure. I find many of today's performers disgusting and that's a shame because so many are extremely talented and don't need any of this to bring in the crowds. Bill Cosby is extremely successful, respected and draws huge crowds without the need for any disgusting exhibition such as the performers of today deem necessary.

Darienite

Marcus

Rock on Avril.It's kinda funny TMZ didn't have anything to say about the sold out concerts on the first leg of her world tour.Or the dozen charities she's supported since day 1 and now the Avril Lavigne Foundation for sick and disadvantaged kids.Or that Avril doesn't have a sex tape,doesn't do crotch shots getting out of cabs,has never been photographed topless,and keeps her private life private.When she's performing on stage she doesn't need a stripper pole,semi-nude male dancers,or endless vocal backing tracks.
There are lots of lip-synching,sexually suggestive,skanks in the music industry today and most of them are at the top of the charts.Good for them.Avril's not one of them.She's been to the top and will be again without resorting to todays "sleaze first,talent second" formula.

daveh

Real punk rockers don't go to a doctor to buy themselves a smaller nose and a larger rack.

Jennifer

I WAS AT THAT GAME! She was herself and I am a real fan! All the mothers of 10 year old little fans need to know who their daughters are listening too. Obviously the fault is the mothers. I'm offended that they're offended. GO AVRIL!!!!!!!!

The Man

Who cares......f e n c t

Jackie

wow you guys are all jerks. Forreal... you guys are all acting and talking about her like middle schoolers... word of advice, grow up... and as for Avril, she is a very talented singer who writes about what she feels. And I know a lot of people who love her music. thanks...

Harley

Oops, neither can I. Should say red neck Americans. But hey, at least I know where the spell check is located, and a dictionary.

julie

you are sooo right Avril!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helen

In response to 'TRUTH'...go back to Canada and take Beiber you say? Well neither Avril or Beiber would be in the USA if it wasnt for your country's obsessed fans. Canada rules baby!

Shady

So she slipped up! If you've ever performed in front of a crowd & things go wrong, it's easy to slip up. She's human!

She's not the one that hooks up the equiptment! Again, so much hate here! You all are a bunch of haters on every topic! (I've lurked here a while)