Gloria Allred's Casino Case -- The Angry Waitresses

5/31/2011 11:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The waitresses who claim an Atlantic City casino fired them for being too old went public today -- blasting the place during a news conference ... in which Gloria Allred literally served up her lawsuit on a silver platter.

0531_gloria_allred_launch_ex
Gloria put the legal docs on the silver plate, mocking one of the casino's sexy new "Let us serve you!" advertisements -- declaring, "We will be serving YOU today. Not with a cocktail, but with a lawsuit."

As we previously reported, Gloria represents 9 female cocktail servers -- aged between 40 and 66 -- who claim Resorts Casino in Atlantic City fired them to make room for sexier, younger waitresses.

The women are suing for unlawful sex, age, and race discrimination -- demanding back pay, lost wages, and damages for pain and suffering.

Tony C

Good thing they have Gloria to get them some settlement money, because by their looks they aren't going to make money selling drinks.

But then again, after seeing them I need a drink!

b

What is wrong with that? Who wants some old broad serving you when you can have a young hot one.

MikeP

@b
Exactly,

What about the right of the employer?
Why can't they choose to not have "old hags" (66?)
as ****tail waitresses. And they would not make any tips anyway, if there are young hot ones.
Gloria Alred is an utter joke, and a disgrace to the law profession, (and that's a hard honor to achieve)
She needs to just go away!

Victoria

Sad! yet i see the guys point of view. I too would rather some hot guy serving me then a guy with a beer belly.

Jim in Cali

who wants to look at old women in a casino? Going to check out this place if I go to Atlantic City some day. F U Gloria

Kathy

You guys and gals who want someone 'hot' serving you your drinks or whatever--don't have much of a life, huh?

Flying Blind

****tail servers 40 to 66 years of age, you're kidding right?

kp

that's just like these old flight attendants in the sky, the other day when I was in the sky the old bitty couldn't push the cart so they other one had to help her and she was not to happy with grandma
ohhhhhhhhhhhh but you can't do that either, give a job cleaning rooms if they want to work.

Victoria

Kathy:

No Kathy us guys and gals who go out because we have a life, want to beable to enjoy our time out. Not saying i want Gisele or Bar serving me. Just someone pleasing to the eyes.

Michelle

Gloria certainly takes interesting cases. As a woman, I agree age ism sucks but I do understand boys wanting hot waitresses, maybe we women should start complaining more about the less attractive waiters?

lalaland

Look, I'm a woman and I'm all for fairness and against discrimination. But, when you're in your 20s and you get a job at a casino ****tail waitressing, you can't expect that you'll be able to keep that job into your 40s. And if you didn't have a plan for that, shame on you. Those women look like they've passed their prime ****tailing days. Plenty of bars where they can get work, but not at a casino in skimpy attire.

Stella

God she's a famewhore.

Raejean

She always looks so happy to be in front of a camera, doesn't she?

Buckaroobonzai

What? no old haggy waitresses! only young hot waitresses!!!! Well, I know where I want to stay!

MidoriMe

is that silver bowl her bedpan? She's looking beat these days? Age is a bitch!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments