Panic! at the Disco Singer Breaks Ankle On Stage!!

5/31/2011 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

This is GNARLY.

**WARNING -- THIS VIDEO CONTAINS IMAGES OF A VERY BROKEN ANKLE. **
053111_panis_at_the_disco_ankle_still

Panic! At The Disco front man Brendon Urie broke the holy hell out of his left ankle during a concert in Florida this weekend ... but somehow managed to FINISH THE CONCERT!!!

It's pretty crazy -- Brendon reportedly snapped the ankle while climbing back on to the stage after going into the crowd.

After taking off his shoe and showing off his wound, Brendon told the crowd, "There's like a softball in my ankle ... my left leg is done for the show, if you don't mind ... the show will go on if you'll have us."

He added, "It looks like my grandma's goiter."

After the show, Brendon posted a photo of his bandaged leg on Twitter ... so , hopefully, he'll be fine.

Randy Morrison

AGAIN...you can tell by the amount of comments that not many people gave a damn about this band.

Navywife19

I was at that concert, I left before they came on. But 2 thumbs up for him, that's really great of him. Not to mention it was also a free concert that they put on too. Even more amazing that he finished it out.

Straight Talkin Texan

That looks bad, but it's strange how he broke it. It doesn't seem like climbing back on stage would break it. Maybe if he'd had his boots laced up properly, he would have had more ankle support and his ankle wouldn't have broken. I'm just sayin'....

DUDE

Aren't drugs great!

Sonya in Tx

I'm glad TMZ posted a warning.

I read the article and that's enough.

I sure don't want to see anyone break bones on video....

Ghost Rider

Who cares. Why these types of bands have to exist is beyond me. I hope it really frickin hurts!

D-INCARNATION

Stick it with a needle.

Fredric Felder

She was probably on nexium which causes fractures and broken bones in older people..

Kayla

Um why is everyone hating on Brendon? He finished the show and not that many performers would do that because they're self centered. AND he also broke his toe in Boston the first night of their tour. Yeah Panic! at the disco isn't that popular in America because people are into auto tuned mainstream "music" And just because they aren't "popular" doesn't mean they're any less amazing. And not that many fans are truly emo. Just because they music is a HUGE part of their lives (I speak for myself too)it doesn't make them emo. I'm glad TMZ posted this because it shows what a TRUE performer should do.

Alie

omg love that tmz posted brendon!!!! ive litterally loved panic! since i was eleven and i really hope this heals quick cause im seeing them on sunday!

pearlie369

I broke my ankle and walked a 1/2 mile back home before I realized it wasn't just a bad twist. Shock and adrenaline are beautiful things.

Chase Taylor

I was there! I got a picture of it when the doctors were looking at it. :)

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/ok4geo.jpg[/IMG]

taytay

Why is everyone hating on Brendon? The dude really is talented AND is committed to his fans: like someone mentioned, he was knocked unconcious on stage AND KEPT GOING after he woke up! He is a trooper, and I wish him a speedy recovery. Just because their music isn't your cup of tea doesn't mean you need to troll. Seriously.

Stephanie Rocha

It reeeeaaaallyyy looks bad..gosh! But I was so stunned when he still wants the show to go on...some musicians just drop it off ..I'll say, that's a REAL musician.

mixtapexo

He played an acoustic song in the audience at the top of the amphitheater and on his way running back down the stairs and back to the stage he twisted it, not broken though. Awesome job at sensationalizing this story.

This also happened in Pompano Beach not Jacksonville.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments