'Camp Rock 2' Star -- Rescued After Ducati Crash

6/1/2011 9:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew "Mdot" Finley -- star of Disney's "Camp Rock 2" -- is recovering from a bone-crushing Ducati accident last week ... in which he lost control of his bike and plummeted off of a 100-foot cliff in Malibu.

0601_matthew_finley_crash_EX
TMZ has learned ... L.A. County Fire trucks and paramedics raced to the scene Thursday afternoon and several responders had to hike down the steep slope to retrieve the 23-year-old actor.

We're told Finley was trying to make a turn on Mulholland Drive when he lost control of the bike and went crashing down the side of the cliff.

0601_disney_crash_launch_EX_v3
Finley was transported to UCLA Medical Center ... where he was treated for multiple compound fractures as well as injuries to his face and head. We're told Finley has already undergone several surgeries to repair damage to his leg ... and will require more surgery in the near future.

Through his rep, Eric Ortner, Finley released a statement saying, "I crashed hard, but the love and support from my friends, fans, and family have helped ease the pain."

0601_disney_kid_rescue_mini_vid_launchHe continues, "I love riding, almost as much as I love dancing.  I'm praying to be back doing both soon.  I want to thank the brave responders, firefighters, paramedics and doctors who rescued me and saved me."

pap rat

Canyunn raceing on a standard duck isn`t a good ideal and at his weight and height he would have to setup and tune in his bike way better than that.Mah~hall means death falls wake up B4 that duck killsy ya

What Da

Im changing my mind. judging by the rock face on the left. It looks more like the back side of Latigo Canyon instead. Boy, I love that road! Makes the Snake look like a worm.

What Da

I just checked out his Twitter account and his pics. I've seen him on the roads before. I've seen how he takes corners. He goes in too early and ends up going wide. Total SQUID manuever. He needs to go take some riding lessons on the track so that he will be safer and also wear the right clothing. That includes fully body armor jacket and pants....ATTGATT. All The Gear-All The Time......He proved to me that he is just another kid with too much time and money on his hands and not enough brains...I hope he learned a solid lesson from that crash. Get properly trained on how to ride and wear ALL the right gear ALL the time your on your bike. Even if its hot outside.

Joe

I love it when someone crashes and others condemn them.. Doh riding a bike and crashing are inevitable unless you putter around and smell the flowers ya morons.. If Rossi can crash then any one of you idiots can crash too.. Get with it :)

Fuck Celebrities

Most importantly: is the bike OK?

Hot Blooded

Some people shouldn't ride, simple as that.
Just becase you can afford one doesn't mean you can handle it!

teh deuce

Some guys just shouldn't be on the Snake. It's for guys that actually know how to ride. Just because you can shift gears and work a clutch doesn't mean you know how to ride. This piece of road is not for 23 year old beginners that just bought their first bike that is WAY too big for them.

Hang it up. Don't get on a jet ski either. I hear those have a mind of their own too.

TMP

These celebs need to be careful on their fast toys. They may think they are indestructible, but they are not.

Hazel

Wow it is amazing that people have the time 2 sit around and say such ignorant things about someone they dont know but cant say get well soon...

U still have the support from your fans......."Get well soon M-Dot"!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2