Leslie Nielsen -- One Final Fart Joke

6/2/2011 10:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Here lies the late, great Leslie Nielsen in Evergreen Cemetery in Fort Lauderdale, FL ... where the "Airplane" star was immortalized on his gravestone with the exact fart-inspired epitaph he requested years before his death.

0602_leslie_nielson_Sun

RIP.

Thanks to our friends at Sun-Sentinel.com for the pic.

Kevin

He was a true goofball, not the kind of guy who plays that role on film and are actually stuck up, snobby and humorless. RIP Shirley.

nan

I have his autograph and he was just as funny talking to you as he was in the movies..LOL
Rest in peace Leslie

Sandra

Whatever works! Thought he was a class act!!

SueH

He always had his little 'fart' sound gadget in his pocket :) Great guy. He was wonderfully kind to his fellow Canadians... no arrogance when he was 'home'.

Greygoose125

Just the perfect ending for such a funny man!

weird al yankovich

thank you Neil for making me laugh throughout the years. Not many people realize how great the gift of laughter and happiness is and you brought that to me for years ...

thanks again my dude you're the truth

God Bless you

Weird

whatevs

That's very cool. Reminds me of Merv Griffin's tombstone that says "I will _not_ be right back after this message". :-)

THX

Thanks a lot, Leslie. Best LOL of the week. Always leave 'em laughing.

KnuckleDragger

First movie I saw him in was Forbidden Planet. Excellent sci-fi movie...for its day.

Armin

Loved the guy :( He was the best, rest in peace

Jeff Jarnigan

"It's a grave marker," but, that's not important right now....

He was a truly gifted actor with two different careers. One as a serious actor early and then later in life as a deadpan comic that had incredible timing.

I'm saddened to think about having no more of mis movies to ever be made.

Mark

A number of years ago a 16 year old boy had his 15 minutes of fame when he had a book published about advice to a 16 year old boy. He had written letters to various sports figures entertainers etc as to what advice they had for him and put it in his book. Nielsen wrote and said to "sit down every time you get a chance."

Carly

I liked him in everything he did from "Tammy & The Bachelor" to "Airplane"! I met him once at LAX when we were both waiting for a flight & he was friendly, well spoken, and humorous. He even helped me with my carry-on bag! I enjoyed our 30-minute visit so much & will always remember him as the gentleman with the white hair & sunglasses!

STAN

Maybe there is more to the stones message. "RIP" rest in peace, my very funny friend and terrific actor.

Kareem

Phil, I met him too, and he was very gracious, not the arrogant ass you describe. Perhaps your experience was the result of him not enjoying being in the presence of a ****weed.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments