'X Factor' to Cheryl Cole: For Money, Not Love

6/5/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources at "X Factor" tell TMZ ... FOX and Fremantle (the producers of the show) are trying to get Cheryl Cole back on the program, a week after giving her her walking papers ... but it's more about the bottom line than about loving Cheryl.

0604_cheryl_cole_getty_exd
Our sources say when producers told Cheryl she wasnt right for the U.S. version of "X Factor," they tried to put her on the UK version of the show. Cheryl's managers wanted £2.5 million and producers thought it was too much, so the deal went south.

We're told Cheryl was due to get paid around $1.5 million for the U.S. show -- about what Paula Abdul and LA Reid are making -- but she has not decided whether to accept and come back.

The whole situation becomes even messier when you take into account Nicole Scherzinger -- who was originally hired as a host, but was moved to being a judge when Cheryl was axed. Her position on the show now seems to be up in the air.

Our sources say Cheryl's deal with the U.S version is "pay or play" -- meaning she gets paid whether she does the show or not. We're told execs at FOX -- and especially at Fremantle -- dont want to lose the money ... so it's better to have her on the show than not.

shark

she's smoking hot! they're fools for dumping her. she's hotter than nicole for sure and probably more coherent than paula.

Mary Bailey

How can Paula mentor singers? Back during Paula's heyday as a "singer," there were accusations her vocals were mixed with the vocals of people who could actually sing to make her sound decent. If XF or AI were concerned about their judges knowing how to sing, then Paula, Dannii formerly of XF UK or Cheryl would have never been judges. If you want judges who can sing, watch The Voice.

drew

Sparced, It's called pay to play. These contracts are normal in entertainment so that if a project doesn't go forward the talent still gets paid. That way they don't miss out on other opportunities they could have signed for.

MoonDust

@drew, guess WHAT?!!! I live in Jersey as WELL!! LOL

drew

That's it moonie you have to leave now, I was here first.

drew

Jay,

Stop making something out of nothing. If someone comes after me I'm going to defend myself and I don't give a **** if they are black, white or green and it doesn't make me a racist.

Carl

Didn't anyone connected with this program ever think "you know, Americans have no idea who this woman is. Why are we going to pay her 1.5 million when we could get a well known star for the same or less money?".

anonymous_cool

@ Drew

19 Entertainment is the management, not the record label. For example, Adam Lambert is signed by RCA/Jive but managed by 19 Entertainment.

MoonDust

shut up Drew:)

jay

@drew do some research fool. are u on the payroll?

Miss Gibbs said: "She (Miss Tweedy) seemed hysterical, she was just hysterical - shouting a lot and she was still drunk.

"She (Mrs Amogbokpa) kept on repeating 'I want payment for those lollies'.

"When the toilet attendant leaned forward to take away the lollies from Cheryl, Cheryl punched her."

The witness then said the singer's friend tried to calm her down, but she was still screaming and swearing.

Miss Gibbs added: "I was a bit scared, that is why I left."

Mrs Amogbokpa, who was treated in hospital, told the court on Thursday she was in pain for three to four weeks after the attack.

Miss Tweedy, is one of five members of the girl group

source.... court do***ents.

drew

moon pie, that's interesting. I have a different opinion than you so I am a racist. Cheryl's x husband was black but she's a racist and my girl is black and I'm a racist. How does that work. Why is it so hard for you to believe that the run in with the bathroom attendant was nothing more than a fight between two girls ? I believe if she was a racist she wouldn't talk to a black guy let alone marry him and I also believe there would have been more incidents / fights with other black people.

MoonDust

GUESS WHAT TOO MY MAN IS OF ANOTHER RACE??!

File that lawsuit, I am Lindsay Lohan!

Drew shut the **** up, really

drew

moonpie what is your point ?

drew

moon crap, what have I said that makes me a racist.