Gay Cop Told Marching in Gay Parade a 'Discredit'

6/7/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned a gay cop will file a complaint against his department, after he was denied the right to march in uniform Sunday in the West Hollywood Gay Pride Parade because it would bring "discredit" to his department.

0606_pride_la_ex_getty_3
Gloria Allred is repping the California officer, who made a written request to march in uniform with other gay law enforcement officers and citizens.  Allred says the Department responded IN WRITING that the march would be a "discredit" to the cop shop.  Yes, in writing -- stuuuuupid.

Allred will hold a news conference Tuesday at 11 AM PDT in her L.A. office and the cop will appear.

We're told the cop will announce he's filing an employment discrimination complaint against the department based on sexual orientation ... though Allred won't reveal which department she's targeting until she takes the mic.

TMZ will live stream the news conference.

0323_gay_pride_footer

DTM

If they fired him for making the request then maybe he and All****, I mean Allred would have a case. This is bull****.

aaron

I wouldn't want to get frisked by this cop...but maybe that is why it joined the force in the first place!

dimes

It's definitely not the WH sheriff's dept, and I'd be surprised if it's the LAPD. Someone earlier asked if this parade is televised - it is, but on one of the WeHo cable access stations.

karlew

What has being gay have to do with his job anyway? I can seperate my sexuality from other facets of my life, why can't gay folk? If your entire life revolves around your sex life that's just shallow and sad.

CC

Publish the note. From your description this is just another homosexual whining about nothing. Just because the department said it would 'discredit' it (which it will) doesn't mean they banned him from attending.

OooooNooo!

I guess they thought he was "out of step"

Nikkcolle

Right on bobo!

mary

The picture should read "Walk of Shame."

jim

Thats right make a STAND... Uniform or NO
Uniform!!! Its about UNITY!! I would like to see the department that issued the written statement be prosecuted to the fullest!!

Jack

These gay creeps just keep wanting to show the world how discusting they arse. I don't think they deserve any special rights or are owed any special consideretion. They should just keep it to themselves.

middleagedcrazy

We do not know if the department sends a little flag contingent in uniform to every parade with a permit (like in a lot of cities in the Midwest) or they just do not march at all in ANY parade.

For crowd control, kids are told to find a policeman if there is trouble which could be a problem if the uniform is part of a rowdy display.

Just being practical here.

middleagedcrazy

karlew 26 minutes ago
____________

Gloria wants to know all about your sex life and wants to demonstrate it for everyone -- especially if there is a deep pocket to be sued.

BarbieJean

Like they need to march anymore anyway... All of this country is turning into gay this & gay that.. It's gotten pretty old.
This cop needs to know that while in certain cir****tances being off duty & still having cop status is right, that his gay sh+t isn't part of it. Just MHO >.> I'm tired of hearing about racism and gay rights, sorry but that stuff is over used.

sw

As a gay man I can't see how this is discrimination.
I've seen officers march in parades before wearing uniforms so I don't understand what the issue is. I have less respect for this guy hiring this loser Gloria Allred. This woman makes me sick. It will be interesting to hear the full complaint, maybe there's more to the story we don't know about yet.

Michelle

Jack 25 minutes ago
********************************************************

You are a creep
Im straight and married. I get to wear a ring and broadcast my status. But you say "They should just keep it to themselves" ? You are a very stupid person if you believe they want "special consideration" The only thing gays want is equality and to be treated like everyone else. Im not any better for being straight and being in a relationship with a man. Love is love.
Wow, a lot of stupid ignorant people on here Oh wait this is TMZ...