Kid Rock Roast -- In Danger of Not Going Down

6/6/2011 1:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedy Central's Roast of Kid Rock is looking like it will NOT happen as scheduled -- and it's all a matter of location, location, location.

0606_kid_rock_EXD_CC
During an event last week covered by our friends at Punchline Magazine, Kid told reporters that he would only be a part of the event if it went down in his native Detroit.

According to our sources, Comedy Central looked into the possibility of holding the event in Motor City, but the financials didn't work.

We're told there is no way the event will happen on August 14 as was previously announced, but the network is hoping something can be worked out.

Markieb

Come on Comedy Central, open up your wallet, sometimes you have to pay for entertainment. Kid is trying to infuse money to the local economy.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Yeah, but sometimes people should compromise.

Sticks

financials. what Detroit asking for to much money lol

PJ

while Kid Rock is a total dork, gotta give him his props for trying to lift DEE-troit!

We luv you Dee troit even tho youi laid me off and made me move to California- I will always love you!

Made it Past 27

I wonder if the Situation will be doing this one too! LOL!

Cleveland Gal

Never understood why this guy gets so much attention, his music is lame, he is disgusting to look at, he doesn't even have a good personality. Just another one of those overrated people I guess.

Donna

I could never see anyone's attraction to this icky looking guy. Any REAL man would never call himself "kid" anything! Stringy, greasy looking hair and those stupid-a** hats. Nothing good looking about him at all. And of course he thinks he's a real bad a**. He's a joke to me. Go roast marshmellows.

OooooNooo!

"the financials didn't work"
What are you talking about? You could buy the whole damn town for the cost of one high roller suite in Vegas! But then again, if you moved all the expensive equipment into Detroit the chance of getting any of it back would be slim.

sleepd

The world needs a Kid Rock Roast like it needs another Kid Rock album. Which is to say, Not.

jase

first you can just buy a house for a dollar in Detroit and hire some of the 20% unemployed to work. I can't see why this would be hard. Second I respect kid rock that much more because he really holds down his hometown no matter what. Dude reps the hardest of anyone I've ever seen.

cindy

I think he's a little afraid. I think that he knows all the stars are going to go to Detroit, so, it's an easy way out for him to be roasted. hmmmm ,think about it.

cindy

I mean he knows they AREN'T going to go to Detroit

Dylan

Punchline Mag confirmed on June 2 that it isn't happening!

Noneurbusiness

Good for him to stand his ground. He is proud of where he is from and he just wants to continue to show the love to Detroit.

Kifferslady

I live in the burbs of Detroit. Kid Rock is always here to support the city and it's people. He's never given up on Detroit unlike a lot of famous people that are from here. The man does a lot of charity work in Detroit. I'm not a fan of his music but I'm a fan of the man. The guy is totally loyal!! I love the fact that he wants to do his roast in Detroit!!! Stick to that Kid!! I'd love to be in that audience!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments