MJ's 'Thriller' Jacket -- Got $400k Layin' Around?!

6/6/2011 8:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's iconic red jacket from the "Thriller" video is hitting the auction block in Beverly Hills in a few weeks -- and it could be yours ... if you've got a spare $400,000 to blow.

0606_mj_jacket_BN

The jacket -- which MJ personally autographed to his former costume designers -- is expected to fetch between $200k and $400k ... though we wouldn't be shocked if it soared past half a mil.

The jacket is one of several MJ items featured in the Julien's Auction event on June 25 and 26. Among the more interesting pieces -- the wig Michael wore at his "This Is It" news conference in London and a glove he wore at the American Music Awards.

0606_mj_wig_glove

The wig is expected to haul in between $4,000 and $6,000 -- and the glove is valued between $20k and $30k.

0606_mj_auction_footer

Brit

I almost feel bad for the person who buys this because it will be worth nothing fast. Michael Jackson was a sick man who paid off numerous victims over the years, and a lot of these confidential pay offs are starting to emerge to the public. Once everything is revealed, he will no longer be the sainted legend he became in death. He'll be understood as a predator who destroyed the childhood of so many boys.

sofi

They should have left the jacket and the glove to his children.

Chic

Michael Jackson is the greatest entertainer and man that ever
lived. A man of God!

sofi

I don't know if Michael wore wigs.If that's true then why did he have a hair dye which is seen in his videos especially in "Black or White"?

And thats the truth

Does anyone else find it ironic that the auction starts on the anniversary of Michaels death?

marcia

mymjj5, sofi, cherwood:

I made one last post to you ladies on the other page where we were discussing MJ and his ladies. If you feel like checkin' it out, just wanted to get your take on it.

Eleonora49

An empty throne, a long lost love.A shared whisper, a kept secret.The beauty of a brillant man born under the 3 graces embrace.A miracle of talent with a loving touch for the needful.Hopelessly in love with Music and dance.A Man, playful Man, with a good kind Heart.With a Face of beauty and a smile like a god.Made the whole wide world fall in love with him, and so did I.Michael Jackson, a man, a show man with style and class. A master of music, a dancer like no other.

Eleonora49

I sat by a Tree and sang a song to you, my love.I sat there so sad and missing you. The last kiss we shared so intensly, so gently and true, so long.Kind words spoken secretly, so many promisses made. Fallen deeply like never with any other, in Love.Here under my tree I sang a love song for thee.I sat there from Morning till dawn, remembering you.Singing my love song about you.Carving a Heart into my love tree with your name next to mine.One heart shared by two in love.Under our Love tree, where we once made Love, it will never make way for another.

renee irey

If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all. I never log on to sites where I don’t care for the celebrity and make very rude comments out of respect of their fans. How immature. Also, many celebrities have said don’t believe everything you read or hear. It makes me very sad that his children will have nothing left of him but memories. Michael’s costumes and all of his awards should be saved for his children. His estate should be looking out for them not just for the money they can get. Katherine should step in and have a say of what is being sold out from underneath his children. My love will always be with you Michael, Prince, Paris and Blanket.

Eleonora49

A long time ago in a very diffrent world than today.In a Fairy dream land, lived a King and a queen who had no children and they were sad because they had no one to give their love to.To much in pain the queen cryed every day and the King was so sad because his lovely wife cryed.The story goes that a war broke out in a far off land and the King had to leave his wife and fight the battle of war.His lovely wife stayed behind.It took many battles, many tears, and many years before the king returned home.The story goes he came home to no smiles, no laughter, only Tears.His lovely wife waited and waited for his safe return, died on a broken heart without him, without a child, noone to love. She passed away....He went to her grave and said to her that night that he was sorry he was gone. He was a terrible King leaving her behind and now he is all alone...He heard a cry in the night, a child in a Basket with her mother carrying it.He looked in the Basket and saw a pretty baby girl in the Moon light. The mother was poor and in rags, she and the baby was half dead from hunger and no care.Strange lady, what are you doing here in my Court yard by my wife's grave? He asked. And she replied, sweet King, I mean no harm, I heard the wish from the Queen to have a child and my husband died.We are too poor to feed my child.So sweet King, I traveled from far to bring her my only daughter to be hers, to make her happy and have meaning to life and to give my daughter comfort and Food. But now your sweet wife is dead...Sweet child, He replied, you wanted us to have your precious gift? I am so humbeled for your love, sweet child, become my wife and I will be a Father to your child and none of us will be alone or hungry.The Girl cryed out of happyness and kissed his feet. I am humbled by your Love she said.Now they gottten Married and all was perfect like a Dream forever and ever.And every Wednesday, the girl went to the Queen’s gave and placed Flowers on it and sang her a song of Love.The Baby grew up to be a very beautyful Loving Queen.

To Michael Jackson and his lovely children.
Love, Eleonora.

Cherwood

-Hey Marcia! I checked out your post you referred to and it was pretty on target. I will have to say that regarding the whole Childhood issue, I think that was a phase in Michael's life much like it would be in most people's lives--the only difference being that he went BACK in time to enjoy his "wonder years". I also think the whole childhood thing was something that Michael had embraced even in the 70's once he got out of the "Little Michael" at Motown era, it just became his mantra in the 80's thru early 90's, once he had the money and power to do whatever he wanted. If you see or hear from him prior to those days, he had the wonder of a child, yet he wasn't necessarily pushing it. Before the MONSTER success of "Thriller", you mainly heard him talking about what he wanted to achieve with his music and with the possibility of film-making. He wasn't dwelling on childhood at that point because noone was challenging him in that area. Once he achieved the off the charts status he had dreamed of, he seemed to revel in his childish nature, and let's face it, it's probably one of the things that helped throw him beyond the stratosphere because it made him seem SUPERHUMAN or ALIEN in a GOOD way, so people were even MORE intrigued by him. And when he began to PRANK the Media by having Janet speak for him at Press Conferences, or leaking that he tried to buy the Elephant Man's bones, or that he slept in a Hyperbaric chamber, he was simply trying to relive his childhood of dropping water balloons on unsuspecting hotel patrons, but this time it backfired as people seem to latch onto the Media's adverse reaction to it, labeling him as WEIRD or FREAKISH. IMO he was probably even ok with that in the beginning until it began to spiral out of control and he realized the public had swallowed the Media's BS hook, line and sinker. AT that point, I think he began to try and explain why he did those things that made him appear so different.....he more likely realized what was lost in the process in order to reach the heights he had achieved like so many other successful people before him and he began to talk about it--nothing more, nothing less.....
As for the whole thing with Liz Taylor at Christmas, that was a BRAND NEW experience for him so I understand why he acted that way. I had a very full childhood, but if I experience something that I remember dreaming of as a child, I'd probably act pretty silly, too. And if you put a SUPER SOAKER in my hands, I'd run around just like he did.....we've all done it with PAINTBALL and LASER TAG so what's the diff?
As for LMP.....hmm......my take was also that they weren't in love when they got married--in LUST maybe, but not in LOVE. I do think he adored LMP for who she was and at that point the fact that she was a ROUGH, shoot from the hip kind of girl made her even more attractive. We have to remember that that was when Michael was being HARSHLY attacked for the first time in his life. The attacks began in the late 80's, but in the early 90's, they got down and dirty and were clearly out to destroy him so it's no wonder he wanted someone like LMP in his corner. What I DO think though is that with time, he grew to love her, but unfortunately, she showed her true colors and things went south. In most clips I saw them in together, he seemed giddy to be around her, unlike Debbie Rowe where he only seemed interested in getting through whatever they had to do.....
Now, in saying all of that, I will say that Michael may have IDEALIZED his love for LMP, but nobody but him will ever know the truth of that. LMP seems to think they were in love, but we have to remember that she's looking back at the "Man that got away", so she's probably relating what she would've LIKED their relationship to be, not what it was. But then there's the fact that she chased after Michael for 4 YEARS during the HIStory Tour, KNOWING he was with Debbie Rowe so there must've been SOME he had that she wanted....and it couldn't have been a music career because he had already let her down with that one when they were married.....
And the fact that you stated how crass and hard LMP was is the very reason I think she HAD to have been totally gone on him. She had many Interviews during and after their marriage where she could've admitted that her Marriage was a farce, but she never did--yet she did say some harsh things about him. I just find it hard to believe that even now that he's gone, she wouldn't own up to it if their marriage was a sham. She'd probably have her pick of Book deals and Interviews if she were to say that. Let's face it, when it comes to Michael, the Media only wants DIRT they can add to their Trashfest against him. The only reason she made it on Oprah is because Oprah probably thought she was going to spill the beans on him about SOMETHING, be it drugs, allegations or Marriage. In the end, the only thing LMP gave her was the drug usage we already knew about in '93 and she IMPLIED he had gone off the deep end in 2005.....yeah, that was REALLY big news considering he was on trial for his life.....HUGE.....
As for Debbie, you hit the nail on the head--BUSINESS, nothing personal. Anyone who does basic online research can find this....it's all right there.....
As for Blanket, you hit it again. I wouldn't take anything LaToya r anyone in the family's word on the subject because it's pretty clear that they didn't know much more about Michael than we do--no different from many families once they become adults. Thing is, if your Michael Jackson, you don't set out to have a biological child in an unconventional manner and proceed to let everybody--family included in on the details. Just the fact that the birth mother hasn't materialized to this day tells me nobody but Michael, her and the doctor know the details of his birth. Recently, it came out that there was a woman named "Helena" who is supposed to be his Birth Mom, but I haven't seen anything to substantiate those claims. My thing is, WHO CARES? All that poor kid needs to know is that his Dad loved him and wanted him enough to do whatever it took. Everything else is a moot point.....
Cher
MJJ Justice League 2009--WE ARE HERE TO CHANGE THE WORLD!!!
No Peace till Justice!
MICHAEL--IL.O.V.E.U4EVER and MISS-U-SO-MUCH!!

Glenda in Texas

Brit said: "Michael Jackson was a sick man who paid off numerous victims over the years, and a lot of these confidential pay offs are starting to emerge to the public."

Starting to emerge? Provide a link or stop making schit up.

Siggisis

sofi 1 day ago
They should have left the jacket and the glove to his children.

Yes, I think so too.
It is so sad to see Michael and his legacy "picked apart" like that. Like a bunch of vultures picking away - but hey, nothing new in that. :´(