« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chris Bosh Begs Judge -- Let My Kid Go to NBA Finals

6/8/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miami Heat superstar Chris Bosh desperately wants his 2-year-old daughter to watch him play in the NBA Finals -- but his baby mama won't let her go to the games -- so he's going to court to try to force her hand.

0607_chris_bosh_EX_Getty_01

Bosh and his ex-girlfriend, Allison Mathis, are locked in a bitter custody war -- and while they hash out a permanent solution, they are currently abiding by a temporary court-ordered arrangement in which they share custody ... and right now, their daughter is with Mathis.

TMZ obtained an emergency motion Bosh filed with a Maryland court last week -- asking the judge to temporarily alter their agreement so "[Bosh's daughter] is able to share in what, to date, is the pinnacle of Bosh's professional career, and possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity."

In the docs, Bosh also includes an email he sent to Mathis last month in the hopes of striking a deal outside the courtroom.

0607_bosh_doc_EX_2

In the letter, Chris states, "I am embarking on a new chapter of my life by making it into the finals for the first time in my professional career and it's very important to me to have the people closest and dear to my heart to be able to share these moments with me."

Bosh continues, "If we can make this happen please respond asap and I will set up the arrangements for pick up/drop off without you even having to lift a finger."

According to the legal docs, Bosh never heard back from Mathis. So far, the judge has yet to rule on the matter ... but a source close to Allison tells us she does not want to change the arrangement.

But there's a silver lining in this story for Bosh -- according to the original arrangement, he's due to get custody of the kid back on June 11 ... one day before Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

And since the Heat lost to the Dallas Mavericks Tuesday night -- evening the series at 2 games a piece -- it seems Bosh will get to play in front of his daughter after all.

UPDATE: Mathis' mother tells TMZ, "She never objected to those dates for the playoffs or any such thing."

0608_chris_bosh_balling_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mike

So what if she's only 2? Did your parents just leave you guys at home and didn't take you to the park or movies or on vacations, to see the grandparents or whoever because "you were too young" and won't remember anyways? That's what cameras and videos are all about...so that she will have those events do***ented. Chris will end up having to throw this BabyMomma a few more dollars and she'll let her go.

KAC

children/wives/family of nba players have special accommodations at the arena. she will be well taken care of and i see nothing wrong with him wanting to share the nba finals with her. while they are WELL paid, the nba schedule is grueling and not conducive to a lot of family time unless you (the nba family) makes it.

ilovegossip

I can't believe that people are actually siding with the Mother on this one, and believe a child shouldn't be at the game. I had season tickets for hockey, and my kids, no matter what age, loved to go to games.

This child has been brought up around basketball her whole life, and I'm sure has attended other games with her Mother, when they were a family unit. I would imagine that he has access to the enclosed box seats, and could have her in a controlled environment if needed. And if the Mother was really concerned she could have offered to take her, herself.

I just don't understand these people who use their children as pawns in a divorce. It's so unfair to the children.

Ashley

Let the kid attend, she'll be in a VIP seat with someone to look after & entertain her. As a father he wants to share it with her for posterity. It's just one night, and it's the NBA Finals ppl....get a clue!

LS

It does MATTER if she was 6mths. He wants his duaghter there because he is excited. Regardless if she remembers or not. He has a story to tell her and she was apart of it. He is NOT a cry baby. He is a FATHER!!!! And any of you bashing him cause he wants his daughter at a special time is his life... LET HIM! There are men out here who don't give a DAMN about there child and YOU getting on him cause he WANTS his baby. Get a life people. Bosh baby mama you need to CUT it out anytime a parent wants to be spend time with there child you don't STOP them/ I am tired of baby mamas like you using the child like that.. That lil girl is yours just as much as it's his. What if he had ya child with him and you sent a email asking if your daughter can be with you on a special and he said NO. Then he would be a bad father right???? Well my dear you are a BAD MOTHER!!!! It works both ways.....

LS

Gal

This is considered an emergency motion? How about making sure you quit bickering with the mother of your children? Making sure they get a quality education. Making sure they don't turn out to be thugs - that should be the emergency.

LS

texasknight1

the kid should be at the game and the babymama is full of ****..

if the babymama had any smarts.. she'd notice hey stupid B!.. the series is tied and will be ending in MIAMI.. hey idiot.. thats home court.. meaning i see no irate dallas mav fan ( we have common sense, decency, and respect) to not go all off and bash a 2yr olds head or something if the heat turns out to win.

she's afraid of loud noise? no she's mad she ( the babymama) will not be in the lime-light..

mad mad mad cause he likely saw her as a gold digger and didnt give her the wifey prize.. now she'***** the lottery w/baby in hand and is making a fuss cause "nothing is in it for her"

awww how sad.. you opend your legs and had a kid that a good father is trying to capture a very very special moment in his life and wants to share with his child.. that YOU AND HIM MADE!..im forced to not be a fanboy of the heat right now due to who they're up against.. but im a fanboy for fathers thats doing something right in life ...like chris is.. tmz you have set me off.. good day

fase

So what if they win it all??? You guys have never seen pro athletes after winning a championship holding they're children up??? Its been all types of players to do that. Thats motivation for someone to try to win. Think of the pictures that one could have reaching the pinnacle of they're career in they're profession and having they're children there with them. I'm on his side for this one. Best wishes Chris.

p.s. drunken fans around?? His daughter will be in a luxury box in one of the arena's not courtside crying, kicking, and screaming

bosox406

1. much ado about nothing. 2. the child is 2.

hotbitch

Oh whatever, Ari. It doesn't matter that she'll be up late for one night. It's the NBA playoffs for crying out loud. This is a big deal for him and he certainly doesn't require a "parenting class". Suri Cruise, on the other hand, probably goes to bed at midnight.

The ex is being a b*tch. He even told her she wouldn't have to lift a finger and still nothing. She ought to be glad he WANTS to spend time with his child.

Tony

I don't see anything wrong with him wanting his kid to share in the moment. I feel that the mother would someday feel bad when her child reflect on the moment. My son has been going to basketball games since before he was 2 and always watch the whole game (although he would go to sleep on the way home) and not being in his bed has not affected him in any way. He is just finishing up second grade but reads like a 5th grade in their 3rd month. His grades are straight 1's. Although this child is young, sometime when she is older, she would relish the thought that she was there when her dad won the championship which I believe they will do. Thankfully she will be ther for game six and seven if necessary. Go Heat!!!

Troy

I wish you the best Bosh. I have a 2 year old and I got FULL custody of my daughter. Her mother was just a b!tch and used her against me all the time, and now, she is the one paying me child support. Seems like woman always complain of men not wanting to take care of their child, but then you have woman who won't let them. And me being a black man going after a white woman, the stereotype was definitely there, but here I am with my daughter. Good luck Bosh, when a championship & WIN YOU DAUGHTER.

lalaland

How the hell does a 2 year old know the difference between a championship game and dad playing in the driveway? Sounds to me he's just trying to be difficult.