« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chris Bosh Begs Judge -- Let My Kid Go to NBA Finals

6/8/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miami Heat superstar Chris Bosh desperately wants his 2-year-old daughter to watch him play in the NBA Finals -- but his baby mama won't let her go to the games -- so he's going to court to try to force her hand.

0607_chris_bosh_EX_Getty_01

Bosh and his ex-girlfriend, Allison Mathis, are locked in a bitter custody war -- and while they hash out a permanent solution, they are currently abiding by a temporary court-ordered arrangement in which they share custody ... and right now, their daughter is with Mathis.

TMZ obtained an emergency motion Bosh filed with a Maryland court last week -- asking the judge to temporarily alter their agreement so "[Bosh's daughter] is able to share in what, to date, is the pinnacle of Bosh's professional career, and possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity."

In the docs, Bosh also includes an email he sent to Mathis last month in the hopes of striking a deal outside the courtroom.

0607_bosh_doc_EX_2

In the letter, Chris states, "I am embarking on a new chapter of my life by making it into the finals for the first time in my professional career and it's very important to me to have the people closest and dear to my heart to be able to share these moments with me."

Bosh continues, "If we can make this happen please respond asap and I will set up the arrangements for pick up/drop off without you even having to lift a finger."

According to the legal docs, Bosh never heard back from Mathis. So far, the judge has yet to rule on the matter ... but a source close to Allison tells us she does not want to change the arrangement.

But there's a silver lining in this story for Bosh -- according to the original arrangement, he's due to get custody of the kid back on June 11 ... one day before Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

And since the Heat lost to the Dallas Mavericks Tuesday night -- evening the series at 2 games a piece -- it seems Bosh will get to play in front of his daughter after all.

UPDATE: Mathis' mother tells TMZ, "She never objected to those dates for the playoffs or any such thing."

0608_chris_bosh_balling_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Get a grip, dude!

Alexa

He wants to drag his 2YEAR OLD DAUGHTER to the game...WHY? The kid's not going to remember him playing at such a young age.

Gene Foreman

Way to go man, if I was an Attorney I'd for sure get your daughter to be able to come to you.

Sally

What is wrong with that woman - she should want his Daughter to see her Father!

afjioeqjioe

What memories this kid might miss out on! All 2 year olds should be this lucky.

momandpopshop

Is he kidding? That kid will be bored beyond belief within 10 minutes...

STARR C

Bosh is a cry baby!

Damon

A 2yr old should be in bed by 8:00pm!

Whatever family member of his thatwill have have her during the game will be holding a tired, cranky kid that should be in bed.

Give it a rest! She's 2!

MartyMcFly

Hopefully his kid can make it to Game 6 to watch the Mavs beat the Heat to win the championship. Screw Miami.

Mike

His two year old won't know what in the hell is going on, anyway and won't remember it. He needs to think of something else to do with the kid.

ABb

I think he is doing a great thing. Now for the mother of his child she is out of her mind.

makeitstop

No two year old is going to sit thru a basketball game.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

oh brother...rupal with a haircut is being stupid...a 2 year old will not know whats going on and will not remember it anyways....

kevin

How dare a father question the eternal wisdom and inherent right of the mother! Doesn't he know that men have no parental rights?

SantaFeJack

I'm with the majority on this one...she's two years old...won't care, won't remember. Stupid to waste time/money over this particular issue.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments