Jesse James Pays Up After Bloody Dog Attack

6/8/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A pitbull belonging to Jesse James escaped from the reality star's Texas bike shop this weekend and
attacked another dog being walked in the area -- nearly killing the innocent animal ... TMZ has learned.

0607_jesse_james_dog_ex

TMZ spoke with a rep from Animal Control in Austin, TX -- who confirms cops were dispatched to the scene after Jesse's dog -- not Cinnabun -- went after a corgi named Buckley and chomped down on his neck.

We're told the person walking Buckley freaked out -- and began punching the pit bull in the face because it wouldn't let go of the corgi.

Eventually, cops arrived to the scene and freed Buckley -- who was rushed to a nearby vet for emergency care. Buckley had to be sedated and stitched up -- and doctors inserted a drainage tube into his neck to prevent infection.

After the incident, Buckley's owner got in touch with Jesse's assistant -- who eventually forked over $250 to cover the vet bill. We're told Jesse has also promised to cover any additional medical expenses.

SantaFeJack

An irresponsible man in general. I doubt we've heard the last of this man's brought-it-on-himself problems.

Ethel

I don't believe in killing dogs, and I have a pit bull mix of my own, but I would have him put down if he ever attacked another dog. He's been raised to be very non-aggresive. It's not the breed it's the owner.

THIN LIZZY

Sorry Tammy, you're wrong. It's the owners. When you clip the ears, tails, that changes the dog.I've seen GS that are docile, I've seen ones that will attack. Same with Chihuahas.I have 3 three PB's never clipped them. They love kids and don't go crazy. If your are gonna generalize, I could say that Dalmations are the worst after they turn 10 years old. I seen a lot of them bite anything out of nowhere when they get past that age. It's the owners that bring the agressivness out of them whether they realize it or not.

Max

This keeps happening to this moron. And it's not the dogs, it's the owners of these pits that are the pieces of garbage. Dog has obviously been raised to be mean and to attack by Jesse.

Get the hell out of Austin deadbeat. No one wants you here. Take your trashy self, dogs and life back to Cali.

Ethel

I hope the Corgi's owner sues the Mr James and the pit is euthanized. I have nothing against the breed, just those that are not being controlled. Recently, an older couple (in their 80's -one in a wheelchair) had their small dog attacked by a pit bull running loose in the neighborhood. Nothing happened to the owner expect he paid vet bills. What about their trauma and suffering, also the fact they can't walk their dog like they had been doing for over eight years? The Pit escaped the owners yard. When you own a strong breed like that, you have to be constantly vigilant. A neighbor had to kick the pit in the head more than once to make it let go of the little dog. This stupid attack has affected everyone in the neighborhood with dogs.

Andyace

White Trash

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

My son was nearly another pit bill attack statistic when he was around 7 or 8 years old. The pit was our neighbor's family dog and went after my son when he "provoked" the dog by knocking on the front door to ask if their kids could play. Thankfully, somebody got control of the dog before she could do serious damage. I get people wanting to defend pits, but at the end of the day? everybody knows that those dogs were not bred because they're nice.

Athina

Seems like a skimpy settlement. That dog may need continued medical care for years. It doesn't matter how well trained a pitbull is. Get them in a certain situation and they will tear a throat out. Nature, not nurture takes over.

Meanie

Why is it that people like Jesse GET pit bulls? Is it because their brains are as small as those of those horrible useless dogs? Nice people get NICE dogs. Aholes get ahole dogs. Put BOTH of them down.

Ginger

That's three times we know of Jesse has lost pit bulls. Cinnabun 'escaped' twice last year and now this dog gets out and attacks another dog. Disgusting.

Kathy

I don't blame the poor pit bull--I blame Jesse who trained him to attack. People who train non-mililtary dogs to attack are subhuman.

Mike

Um, what do you mean by "freaked out." I can tell you I'd punch that pitbull if he came after my cat. I'm guessing the writer of this article is not a loving parent of a dog or cat? Anyways, maybe it's time for Jesse to be put down...

Meanie

@ Tammy. You are 10000% correct. Well written, well said. The people who get these dogs ARE a certain kind of person. Trash monster dog for white trash mongrel people.

Get Real

Give the pit his blue juice. Forbid Jesse from owning animals.

Meanie

@ Get Real - give Jesse ahole the same blue juice. He's a f'g waste of oxygen.