Jesse James Pays Up After Bloody Dog Attack

6/8/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A pitbull belonging to Jesse James escaped from the reality star's Texas bike shop this weekend and
attacked another dog being walked in the area -- nearly killing the innocent animal ... TMZ has learned.

0607_jesse_james_dog_ex

TMZ spoke with a rep from Animal Control in Austin, TX -- who confirms cops were dispatched to the scene after Jesse's dog -- not Cinnabun -- went after a corgi named Buckley and chomped down on his neck.

We're told the person walking Buckley freaked out -- and began punching the pit bull in the face because it wouldn't let go of the corgi.

Eventually, cops arrived to the scene and freed Buckley -- who was rushed to a nearby vet for emergency care. Buckley had to be sedated and stitched up -- and doctors inserted a drainage tube into his neck to prevent infection.

After the incident, Buckley's owner got in touch with Jesse's assistant -- who eventually forked over $250 to cover the vet bill. We're told Jesse has also promised to cover any additional medical expenses.

Lisa

Dogs attack when they aren't raised with love. He's already been acused of animal abuse in the past. What can you expect from the sociopath that he is. I hope all of his animals are taken away from him. I wouldn't doubt it if he were friends with Michael Vick.

THIN LIZZY

@Meanie If you came around me and my dogs, I would change your mind in a heartbeat. I don't raise my dogs to be mean. You would be very suprised.

Meanie

I'd personally like to see Jesse and Michael Vick tossed into a compound with about 20 of these hungry monster dogs. POS. POS. POS. Just plain old pieces of SH.T.

Kriss

@TammyLM---I logged in just to comment on your post....PERFECT!! I could not have said any of what you said better. GREAT job stating the FACTS (also love your description of the beady eyed demon dogs...lol)

msangelina

I sure hope Buckley makes it through this! Poor baby!

Jesse James is a douchebag who needs to figure out how to control and contain these dogs. I don't like to hear about the Pitts being kicked/hit in the head. Perhaps if Jesse had them securely penned up, this wouldn't have to happen. If my pet was being attacked, I guess I'd do the same. It just sickens me.

Midwestnormal

Jesse James is an infestation on humanity, that douche bag piece of **** should not be allowed to have animals or anymore children, what a s*** bag looser he is. Euthanize the dog and fix him. He is just dirty

Meanie

@ skin - I'm a devout animal lover. And I'd be the first one to usually say: Blame the owner, not the dog. That said - these dogs are mostly acquired by certain "type" of person and for the most part are trained, or "not trained" to remain wildly unpredictable, aggressive, scary dogs. Their nature IS to be aggressive. The nature of the type of "owner" that is drawn to that kind of dog is also aggressive. (excluding you of course! :))

So do the math... aggressive type dog, coupled with aggressive type owners. The dogs become a status symbol for aggressive types, but ALSO a type of status symbol for those who believe they can make/keep them as GOOD dogs - only to find out, they were mistaken. End result, another animal or human is attacked.

Kelly

I do not think that Jesse is an irresponsible dog owner he just needs to get a better fence.

Also, why do these dogs keep running away, maybe they, like everyone else, are realizing what a douche he really is.

And to all the Pitt Bull haters leave the dogs alone. Not all Pitts are crazy. And anyone knows you do not leave two Pitts alone together.

THIN LIZZY

@meanie. If you look at the history of the Bull Mastiff, they were bred to be much meaner than the pit bull. Go ask anyone who owns a Mastiff if that dog has any agression in it. You will get a resounding no. Your thinking really makes no sense. I've seen people that own German shepards that are mean as hell. I've seen people that own wiener dogs and those dogs are snippy little bastards. You fall for the propaganda. The dog's behavior is a reflection on the owner, pure and simple.

sobernow312

that dog needs to be put down before he kills another dog, child or severely injures an adult. Why wasn't the douche bag fined for not having his dog under control like the rest of us would have been.

Kelly

@ Meanie that is not true, I have two Pitts and they are not aggressive and neither am I. These dogs are very trainable and make very good pets with the correct attention and love.

I am so tired of people giving Pitt Bulls a bad rap. You shouldn't open your mouth when you haven't done your research.

jpierce26

I am sorry for the corgi, but I have to say that it was complete stupidity on the part of the owner to get in between a dog fight. You NEVER EVER get down and place your hands and face near a dog attack. That owner could have lost a finger, hand, or more. I understand that he was trying to protect his pet, but next time carry a ball bat, don't use your hands. PET CARE 101.

cindy

I'd sue the Crap out of him!!!

Meanie

@ Kelly... You ASSUME I, and others have not done research. Do you know what a Presa Canario is? Dogs like Pitts, Rotts and Presa's, are acquired by either 1/ people who want to use the dog to scare the sh.t out of people, or 2/ people who want to prove everyone else wrong and it provides some form of status to say to other people that THEY are GOOD dog owners, even though the breed has a bad ass reputation. Either way, it puts other people at risk unnecessarily.

Michelle

Pitbulls are banned in parts of Canada. And there are laws into effect to have a full ban on them.