Jesse James Pays Up After Bloody Dog Attack

6/8/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A pitbull belonging to Jesse James escaped from the reality star's Texas bike shop this weekend and
attacked another dog being walked in the area -- nearly killing the innocent animal ... TMZ has learned.

0607_jesse_james_dog_ex

TMZ spoke with a rep from Animal Control in Austin, TX -- who confirms cops were dispatched to the scene after Jesse's dog -- not Cinnabun -- went after a corgi named Buckley and chomped down on his neck.

We're told the person walking Buckley freaked out -- and began punching the pit bull in the face because it wouldn't let go of the corgi.

Eventually, cops arrived to the scene and freed Buckley -- who was rushed to a nearby vet for emergency care. Buckley had to be sedated and stitched up -- and doctors inserted a drainage tube into his neck to prevent infection.

After the incident, Buckley's owner got in touch with Jesse's assistant -- who eventually forked over $250 to cover the vet bill. We're told Jesse has also promised to cover any additional medical expenses.

markntejas

if Jesse's dog had attacked my dog ... they wouldnt have to consider whether or not to euthanize Jesse's dog ...

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Can't really believe some of you are comparing pit bulls to dogs you can kill by stepping on them. Seriously, get real.

happyday

When I was attacked I was beating that pit bull with anything and everything I could find--sharp rocks, a big piece of wood, my hands. I was trying to gouge his eyes, anything I could with all my adrenaline pumping. I don't even think he felt one bit of it. All that resulted was my hands were like two huge, black and blue balloons. It was seriously like fighting off a freakin grizzly bear.

I think people who aren't terrified of pit bulls just haven't been attacked by one yet.

markntejas

agree .. pit bulls are vicious and it is nature not nurture that makes them vicious ...
dont ya know sandra bullock is glad that jesse moved to be close by..?
who saw that Jesse James tweeted this Sunday: “I don’t particularly tell my guys to cheat. I just tell them not to get caught’- Richard Petty.” what a piece of work ...

smashley

awww poor pup, hope he's healing up nice.

pit bulls are gorgeous loving animals.... its sad that loser Jesse did not raise him properly.

Katie

These dogs attack other dogs because it's in their nature to do so. However the catalyst that causes these tragedies to happen is the owners who refuse to accept the truth about the breed or find their dog aggressive tendencies as something to be admired. Anyone with knowledge of the breed knows that pitbulls tend to have dog aggression, and it is actually abnormal to find one that can socialize well with other dogs. It's a part of the breed. Responsible dog owners know that pits need to live in one dog households, need to be spayed/neutered, and if their dog shows signs of dog aggression it needs to be kept under control in order to prevent a disaster. I am willing to bet that this pitbull was not spayed/neutered. This guy knew that his dogs were menaces and did nothing about it. He deserves whatever he gets.

wwgemmado

I hardly think $250.00 is enough to compensate for what this dog and the dogs owner had to go through. A pit bull attack is very violent, it not only leaves physical scars but emotional ones as well, which usually take longer to heal. I think Jesse needs to cough up some more money, a lot more. Pay up $ Sucker.

cheekiey

this man is so sick.

TracySan21

Again, working with a pit bull rescue and owning two rescues I can only say people who are making these comments on here about All pit owners being bad are close minded ignorant morons. I am a 30 year old female, never even had so much as a speeding ticket, no tattoos, don’t do drugs, own my own home, and pay my taxes, and own/run a business and you think I'm a thug or a coward because of the type of dog I own? Out of my three rescue dogs the only one that "guards" the house is the German Sheppard. My pits would show you where the good stuff was if you broke in, and would help you carry it out to your car. The first pit I ever owned was dog aggressive, and it’s true that some of them just "are" dog aggressive. She never got into a fight with another dog, because as a responsible owner, I didn’t allow it to happen. My two current pits are very social, and will play with anyone or anything, but it doesn’t mean I will let them run around without a leash (I am responsible for their well being and I wouldn’t put them in a position where a fight could break out). Most people commenting on here are in the same misinformed mindset. My husband was running with one of our pits and was attacked by a standard poodle, did it make media headlines? NO. Do all standard poodle dogs and owners need to be labeled as bad? NO. Did our pit fight the poodle? NO. These things are never reported therefore because pit stories are everyone thinks they are bad dogs. Did you know a pit bull is not a breed? It is a type of dog and includes breeds such as, presa canaro, cane corso, American bulldog, Stafford sire terrier, English bulldog, boxers, all forms of mastiffs, and any dog that has a mix of any of these breeds. Did you know "pit bulls" are the largest population of dog in America? Because of that they are in sheer volume alone going to have a higher volume of "incidence". Did you know even though this type of dog was breed for a long time to fight dogs, they were intentionally bred to be friendly to all humans, and if they showed any aggression toward a human they were put down? Did you know pit bulls were called the "nanny dog" in the 20-50's because of how great they were with children? Did you know that pit bulls helped us win world war two and received medals for their role? So many different breeds have been the new bad dog over the years, now it the pit bull. First it was the blood hound, then the Doberman pincher, Rottweiler, German Sheppard, now it’s the pit. Its people like the ones on here perpetuating a myth that they really know very little about that makes sick people thinks it’s okay to kill, torture, fight, starve, this type of dog...and its sick. I know none of you want to hear this, and you will get on here a blast me as a bad person (and I am not) but the truth is you don't want to be bothered with the facts or any information that doesn’t fit into your agenda. Sure a pit bull can fight or kill another dog, it can hurt a person if trained to fear people...but that not what these dogs really are. They are loving, loyal, brave, and egger to please, they are powerful and athletic...so in the wrong hands they can be dangerous (much like a gun) but in the right hands they are head and shoulders some of the best dogs you can own. Sorry I have to go, but there is a pit bull puppy at the rescue I work with that was thrown out of a third story window, that needs some love and healing. But I’m sure you think the little guy deserved it!

Karon

@Happyday..wth..."my choice"...first of all, I didn't choose to go out and buy a pitbull, my daughter bought the dog home because the owners of the mother dog was unable to care for them, so I took them into my home and made sure they were properly taken care of..so for you to say that just shows alot about my character, how dare you!! I'm sorry to hear about your cat and your Mother, but that doesnt give you the right to degrade me. I never thought that I would own a pit either, because before I knew first hand, I was just like everyone else buying into the hype that they are "killers". I'm just stating the facts as I know them, my dog was a sweetheart and I believe it's because she was raised with love and attention. And yes, I do believe that there are some Pits out there that are mean and vicious...doesn't make all of them bad. And that is my opinion!

ArizonaLioness

What about the owner's hand? I know mine was severely bruised hitting a Doberman to release a cat (which later died of internal injuries.) Jesse's dog should be put to sleep. (Doberman was remanded to a home/area with no cats.)

sickoflindsay

Not only is he a loser at life, he also can not contain his animals. And has anyone else noticed he shut down his twitter account and minimal contact with the Kat Von d. I hope she wises up and drops this freak. If he will not take care of his children, and his family, why should he care about his dog? I wish he would go away already. And move the heck out of Texas. No one wants him there either. He is just putting the screws to Sandra by being there and causing his children pain.

Terese

If what all the pitbulls owners tell me - that the breed is not bred to have "certain instincts." THEN,,,, they say its the owners,,,, well,,,, I for one am not risking the health of my dog anywhere near where pits are hanging out. I'm surprised the owner of the dog injured has not sued Mr. James. I definitely would have. HE should be held accountable for his dog's actions. I know there are laws for dogs causing injury to people or dogs regardless of their breed. What's up Texas?

Jack

It's not just the owners that make a pit bull mean. Pit Bulls are bred to attack other dogs. They are bred for their aggressivness. If you own a pit bull you have to watch it very closley around people.

jhunter

I probably would have killed the dog. Thats how we do it in Dallas. My Chihuahua would have lasted a second.