« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods -- Count Me Out of US Open

6/7/2011 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods will NOT be playing in the US Open this month -- thanks to a couple nasty injuries he suffered at the Masters back in April.

0607_tiger_woods_getty_bn

Woods just tweeted, "Not playing in US Open. Very disappointed. Short-term frustration for long-term gain."

According to a statement he released on his website -- "I was hopeful that I could play, but if I did, I risk further damage to my left leg. My knee and Achilles tendon are not fully healed. I hope to be ready for AT&T National, the next two majors and the rest of the year."

0607_tiger_injury_AP2
Woods damaged his knee and Achilles tendon during the Masters -- after taking an off-balance shot (above).

0406_celebrity_injuries_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

Jackie

He should retire. aww!

Cujeaux

How do you injure yourself that bad playing golf. This is just another way to run and hide now that he's off the HGH.

writenow

Well, the public is only too happy to count Tiger out. On the other hand, perhaps he could call Rachel. I hear she's not busy either.

helloKITTY

he's an idiot!

Vinsetta

Put a fork in him as far as beating Jack's majors. Woods still needs 4 to tie and 5 to beat him. The problem is, he can't get his head straight since the Thanksgiving blowup started, he can't even win A tournament let alone a major, and he's 35 and there are a lot of great younger players on the tour now who aren't afraid of going after Tiger on the course. If Tiger never got busted over all of this and was still continuing his old lifestyle, I think he'd be competitive. This personal crap in his life has almost ruined his career. I am not even gonna mention how much he changes his swing. Go rehire Butch Harmon Tiger. All his personal issues aside, I like watching him in tournaments, especially the majors. He made bad mistakes, he's no Jack Nicklaus in regards to ethical behavior. But a lot of people will let it go and let him move on. The downfall of him is just stunning. 1.5 years ago he was on top of the world, number one golfer. He has his personal life locked up like Fort Knox. Hell I only thought he cared about golf b/c he was so boring. Then in one fight one night his world just came crashing down. Everything in his personal life was exposed and we learned Tiger fooled everyone. Now he's down to 2 sponsors and I think he's dropped down to number 8 in the world rankings, or around there. ESPN should so a 30 in 30 on him.

Different Rules Apply

Hmmmm, is KARMA knocking at your door Tiger??

anony

Thee knee problems are part of what's doing him in as a champion golfer.
The other things are 1) what's in his head, as he doesn't like the fact that we know all his secrets now and 2) all the young talent that's coming into the PGA Tour.
He'll never catch Nicklaus now.

okerry

Translation: "I'm a complete loser now and I don't want the rest of the world to see it, so I'll just puss out and hide like the loser I am."

File that lawsuit, I am Lindsay Lohan!

What an ugly douche-bag!! I always thought he was fugly, and thought he was a nice family man, but after what he did to his wife and the humiliation he put her through, I am glad this turd is in some ways paying for being such a manwhore.

McG

I agree with vinsetta, and if he ever recovers from the multiple issues he has going on, it will probably take much longer than he's given himself at this point. What a waste of great athleticism, and a sad waste of the opportunity he had to have an amazing family by his side.

Phil

I bet your armpit smells like your career Tiger. Here's how is for you now with Joslyn James:

Are You Serious

KARMA---BADA BING..........

en Todo Momento!!

and i always thought golf was an old man's sport. i thought you were required to have stiff legs and stiff joints and walk with a cane and have a creaking knee/back. when'd it turn into an olympic challenge????

Julie

Translation: "I suck but I don't want to say it out loud so I'll say I'm injured"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments