Willie Nelson

$500 Fine In Marijuana Case

6/7/2011 12:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Willie Nelson can breath easy again in Texas -- TMZ has learned the singer struck a plea deal in his marijuana case ... and will NOT have to do any hard time.

0607_willie_nelson_getty_ex

Sources close to Willie tell us ... Nelson agreed to plead no contest to misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia ... stemming from an incident last year, when cops say they found weed on the singer's tour bus at a border checkpoint.

Nelson was originally charged with marijuana possession -- but the singer worked out a deal with prosecutors in which they agreed to reduce the charge in exchange for a no contest plea.

As part of the deal, Willie has also agreed to pay a $500 fine -- and if he can stay out of trouble for 30 days, the judge will dismiss the case entirely.

Nelson's lawyer, Joe Turner, tells TMZ, "Willie is glad to have it all behind him. Everyone was very fair."

0728_whatcha_smokin_footer_v2

JamesB

I'll never forget that awesome interview TMZ had with Snoop about Willie's pot arrest...naturally Snoop thought the whole thing was crazy. Willie is an icon...Glad he's on his way outta that mess so he can continue bringing us great music!

runkbrooks

they spent how long dealing with this bull**** to give him a $500 fine? seriously? that's tax payers money wasted on what? nothing. couldn't they have just given him that right away? why did they have to waste so much time?

en Todo Momento!!

my question tho, is: 'does he want to wear a cop uniform now because of this?' i'm just wondering...

Karen Abbott

For cryin' out loud, just LEGALIZE IT!

SantaFeJack

@Puckett. "Dumbass"? Did I hit a nerve? Yes, I feel sorry for Willie because he's an addict. Better pot than heroin or alcohol, but an addict nonetheless. I don't know Willie personally so I cannot vouch for your opinion that he is happy with his life. Next time you see him, why not ask him if he'd prefer NOT being so dependent on weed?

John

BullSh&t americans...typical fine your best, no wonder the world hates your country. Bunch of crap, free world, we stand for freedom, USA is the biggest hypocrytical country in the freeworld, you send your own nations sons and daughters to war to fight for freedom and die yet you bust your icons on such ****. Typical american justice, you people are idiots, and you wonder why the rest of world hates you, think about it

Azim24

It feel's good to know that celebrities get an advantage over regular people like me. It just makes me more aware and cautious on an every day basis on what i do and how i conduct myself. Thank you celebrities for being who you are.

Kathy

I love this guy! One of a kind--nobody comes close!

LonnieB

Wow, John...tell us what you REALLY think?

So...what wonderful freedoms do you have in your utopian country?
The mysoginistic freedom to stone women to death for showing a little ankle?
The freedom to blow women and children to a pink mist for your religiou*****red?
I only ask because you sound like a muzzie douchbag.
If you live in muzzieland...I won't DRONE on, but Happy Napalm;-)
If you are hiding out here, like a little b_tch, protected by your keyboard and our laws, afraid to put your money where your
mouth is,
quit sniveling and sign up with your Allah-infected brothers.

If you live anywhere else...STFU...moron!!!

Puckett

SantaFeJack 32 minutes ago

---

lol, no you didn't hit a nerve. I just called it like i see it and the way i see it, someone who has to ask "how is Willie different from your run of the mill drug addict? " is a dumbass, because the answer is OBVIOUS to anyone with functioning brain cells.

Downunderfalla

Willie is a legend....even down here. Any cop that books Willie for a bit of smoko.... is weak as piss!! The End!

Lynn

I would pass Willie a joint in the blink of an eye.

bboy

wow, it pays to be white....if this were any rapper, they would've got jail time & a bunch of racist comments on TMZ

Pat

You go Willie, you're the best.

Julie

ummm its BREATHE easier, not breath easier.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments