Mel Gibson Complies with Probation Demands

6/9/2011 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson has done exactly what he's supposed to do to complete his probation in the domestic violence case.

Mel Gibson

Gibson's lawyer, Blair Berk, went before Judge Stephanie Sautner this AM, and presented proof Mel has paid his fines, performed his community service, and got high marks from his psychiatrist who says Mel has been going to therapy every week and making progress.

Mel pled no contest in March to simple misdemeanor battery in the Oksana Grigorieva case.

kali

Sounds good! I have to run, see you later :)

LonnieB

"domestic violence is still a crime. No matter what she did, that's no excuse to hit a woman."

"domestic violence"...does that include emotional violence, or just physical?

Have you ever been pushed to the point of not being able to take it any longer? While I have been fortunate not to be in that position, I have known several guys who were tied to a bat s__t crazy psycho b_tches who made their lives as miserable as possible and pushed them past the point of no return, resulting in a single "STFU" smack.
Where they wrong?
Are women given a blank pass to be as abusive and spiteful as they can while hiding behind "You wouldn't hit a woman, would you?"

Just because you're a woman doesn't mean you don't deserve the occassional azz-whipping...if you make a career out of being an impossible b_tch.

And, no....I DO NOT condone wife beating, but neither do I condone way some wives/girlfriends emotionally abuse there men.
Remember...men are physical and women are emotional. So when a woman is emotionally abusing a man, it's as if she was kicking his azz.

irish35

Tammy 9 minutes ago

@irish35 - Are you saying that people with mental health issues are bad because of their mental health issues? If you are, I question your own mental health to say such a thing about a person suffering/struggling with a mental disease.

Please don't be so stupid! Of course I wasn't saying people with mental health issues are bad! I was addressing Mel Gibson only. He HAS to see a Psychiatrist because he has issues with his anger management, domestic violence, drinking and personality issues involving racism. Please don't take what I said out of context. My God, my own child suffers from mental illness, and I have a degree in Human Services with emphasis on Mental Health. Mel's "mental" issues are more along the line of Personality Disorder.

Frieda

@Ohreally THANKS! Hopefully the Washington Post won't take this article down that mentions her trying to haul Dalton into court (probably for another fake DV case) like ABC and AccessHollywood have. NO WAY did Mel send her. Just a guess -- a really good one, albeit - but I have a hunch he REFUSED to let her go after Tim Dalton, and wouldn't fund her. She's blaming Mel for what she did all on her own.

"LOS ANGELES — Mel Gibson’s ex-girlfriend has asked an appeals court to disqualify the Oscar winner’s attorneys handling a bitter custody dispute because she consulted with one of their partners in a paternity dispute with another actor.

Attorneys for Oksana Grigorieva asked the California 2nd District Court of Appeal to intervene in the case on Monday. They sought to either disqualify Gibson’s attorneys or require a judge hearing the case to review records of the Russian musician’s dealings with the firm.

The appeal said Gibson’s attorneys sought records of the dispute with Dalton, including emails, text messages and other correspondence between the former couple. Dalton played James Bond in two films in the late 1980s."

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

LonnieB--that was great!

Tellthetruth59

Ox is a genuine punching bag ... but only if the daddy is a celeb. Celebs like Dalton and Gibson just seem to want to beat the crap out of her and not give her enough of the "monetary." She's a delicate Russian flower and a victim with 42+ attorneys.

kelly

Good for Mel..I knew he would do everything that was asked of him.
Will be back later, I am watching the Anthony trial.

kelly81

Frieda

I've got to run but let's keep repeating this to get through to the trolls that their Queen of Nasties goes after all the men in her life (and there were enough of them, as Rowland said!) with fake law suits alleging abuse:

"Grigorieva met with a partner in the firm of Kolodny and Anteau in 2008 at Gibson’s suggestion, while she was dealing with custody issues involving her son with British actor Timothy Dalton, according to court filings.

Frieda

@Tell ROFL!!! Love ya - I've missed you (I've been busy).

Tellthetruth59 3 minutes ago

azlee

ummmm. ms POO

I was being a lady and didn't use the "poop" word. LOL

middleagedcrazy

@ irish --

Happy St. Columcille Day!

As I have mentioned before, I do not think internet diagnoses are valid.

Since the piano player deliberately used a political hot button issue publicly to gain a larger private settlement, that is where most folks of good will say Whoooooah.

Looking at the number of lawyers and law firms the piano player has consulted (has she missed any top-tier firms in CA?) -- don't you think it is a reasonable assumption that she has also done the same with any psych counselors? There were quite a few emails published where she was pushing the concept of 'counseling' and she can refer Mr. Gibson to them.

As a manipulative ploy in a breakup situation, meaning I'm not the crazy one you are, it is too trite and cruel.

Considering all the hoo-haw when the so-called tapes came out, obviously he does not have as many issues as the piano player does.

Tee hee

irish35

I don't think Mel Gibson has "mental health issues" I think he has a personality disorder, which is a nice way of saying he is a racist bigot, a nasty drunk, and has a pig attitude towards women. If he were truly mentally ill, I would have great sympathy for him. I do not believe he is mentally ill. Not every bad person with personality problems is mentally ill.

lilac

Frieda

Hobbies:
Exposing the lies and manipulations of sociopaths

Yet she continues to support Mel Gibson.

BEAVER The Puppet

Mel done killing brown babies?

Tellthetruth59

@Kelly - Anthony trial is showing crime scene photos and forensic team members are on the stand. We're into the good stuff so I can't be here too much today.