Michael Jackson's Dad

Smells Bad in MJ Perfume War

6/9/2011 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0609_jackson_estate_money_GSI4
A company that owns the rights to license all things Michael Jackson is going after MJ's dad, Joe -- indirectly -- claiming he's involved in a business deal that shamelessly exploits his dead son.

TMZ broke the story ... Joe Jackson was pushing the new "Jackson" scent line at the Cannes Film Festival last month on behalf of a company called Julian Rouas Paris. But according to a new lawsuit, J.R.P. never obtained permission to use Michael's name and image in connection with the product.

Now, Bravado International is asking a federal court in Los Angeles to force Julian Rouas Paris to immediately strip anything MJ-related from their smelly product line ASAP.

Bravado is also seeking $750 for each time MJ's name and likeness were used on a product PLUS three times the amount of profits they've made on the scents PLUS more than $150k in damages.

A rep for Bravado tells TMZ, "Michael Jackson's talent made his name one of the most valuable in the history of entertainment, and no person acting on behalf of the estate gave Mr. Rouas oral or written consent to exploit it."

Barb.A.

Janar, I think its ridiculous that lawyers & the court system can drag cases like this out for years. And I think its absurd that Murry & his team is allowed to do this especially sense it was Murry that wanted a speedy trial.

Barb.A.

OhWell 24 minutes ago
=============

Hello Ohwell, did you know that your avatar is a sketching from MJ's art work?

Sorry I can't play at this time but maybe tomorrow.

carolynn

joe jackson is a dirty, filthy, s*****ucking, slime-bag of pig sh*t and he should do the world a favour and stop wasting precious oxygen.

you are a greedy, conniving, snake joe jackson and you deserve whatever nasty karma comes your way... and it will come, in waves of misery i hope.

i was never a huge fan of m.j., but to think his abusive, s.o.b. father is using his son's legacy to pad his pockets makes me ill.

he belongs in the same heated room as binny-baby.

mandy

Gsharon 710, Joe and Katherine did more than teach their kids how to make a living, they lived off of the work that their kids did, not them! It does not take much "work" to constantly berate and abuse your kids into doing what you want them to do!!! You obviously have never been abused by your parent, otherwise you would know that those of us who have been abused tend to be a lot more giving to those in need as we ourselves already know what it is to be needy! Unless you have a clue about abuse, do not say "it must not have been that bad because...", who is to say how bad it was for those kids, even those who have been abused will sometimes take care of either the parent who did the abusing, or the one who sat by without stopping it (Katherine) when the parent gets older, maybe not out of love or kindness towards that person, but because many abused kids grow up to be very giving adults, even to those who do not deserve it.

Barb.A.

OhWell 30 minutes ago
========================

Nope, no kids there, that is me in that shower. :-)

mymjj5.

That dude sitting next to Joe looks like one of Michael's former managers. He's around Joe quite often it seems (jmo) Bravado Int needs to give it a rest. Has anyone seen the stuff they're exploiting with michael's name and likeness? Give me a break.......it's only exploitation when certain people are NOT getting a piece of the pie. Besides, the story sounds like another fluff article of distortion with a hidden agenda to stir controversy and hopefully SALES......Again give me a break already.

Chico

mymjj5,

I think the guy sitting next to Joe is Dieter Wiesner. Wiesner and Joe are also in business together for the Happyland venture in Vietmam (supposedly modeled on Neverland when MJ had the rides, etc. in it). I can't stand Wiesner. As you probably know, Wiesner and others were the ones who the Interfor report said embezzled MJ out of nearly a million dollars. Wiesner is writing a book (like Jermaine, LaToya, and now Arnold Klein) but it will be published only in Germany.

As for the cologne line, apparently Joe Jackson and Franck Rouas have had a fight. Now Joe doesn't like Rouas, and Rouas says its because someone leaked the 7 year, 1 million bottle deal to the press.

Morris O

The only difference Joe Jackson and a pail of Cow Poop is the pail.

Cherwood

Hey Chico! You hit the nail on the head--that definitely is that SKUNK Wiesner sitting next to Joe. He and Ron Konitzer were the ones who were embezzling money from Michael and funneling it into accts for themselves (I suspect that Mark Schlaffel did the same when he was an "Advisor aka Leech") until they were caught and Michael got rid of them. Remember how Wiesner had the GALL to sue Michael claiming Michael owed him money and Randy hadn't paid his salary for a certain period? The judge ended up throwing out his case when Michael's lawyers countered that he had embezzled money from him. They should have had him prosecuted and sent to Prison, then maybe he wouldn't still be running his SCAMS to this day....
BTW: Had you heard that Bravado was connected to Al Malnik in some way? I read this somewhere, but I think they may be confused. As far as I knew, Malnik owns TRIUMPH INTERNATIONAL, a company that does sell Michael Memorabilia. Not sure how they're able to do that when the Estate sold those rights EXCLUSIVELY to Bravado....
As for Bravado, they're supposed to be owned by Universal Music Group aka Vivendi. I know Vivendi had some ties to Barrack, but Malnik? If Malnik is in the picture, I'm HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS....who gave him the right to cash in on Michael?
Regarding Rouas, the Media is now reporting that he and Joe are at odds, but more importantly, they're saying that Rouas is a SHADY x 10 and may even be hit with charges in the near future for previous scams he's pulled. Is it POSSIBLE for Joe to make a bigger JOKE of himself by hooking up with CROOKS like these to cash in on Michael?
Oye to the 50th power!
Cher
MJJ Justice League 2009--WE ARE HERE TO CHANGE THE WORLD!!!
No Peace till Justice!
MICHAEL--IL.O.V.E.U4EVER and MISS-U-SO-MUCH!!

Chico

Hi Cher,

Well, Triumph International is the company that owns all the trademarks of MJ's (MJ, Neverland Ranch, Michael Jackson, etc.) Michael owned Triumph, but when he died, now the Estate owns it and Branca/McClain run it.

The Estate went into business with Bravado with a merchandising deal after AEG did the same thing with Bravado regarding the This Is It rehearsal footage. I had not heard anything about Malnik, but he is a person I don't know a lot about.

I truly can't believe Joe is in business with Wiesner, who ripped off his own son. Rouas is just one big slimeball, but at least he didn't steal from Michael while he was alive and then sue him. Wiesner should be investigated on many levels. In fact, I think I read he was being investigated for some sort of fraud in Germany over a trademark that Michael lost while he was alive (probably Wiesner freaking stole it from him). I'll look that up and get back to you on that.

Good to see you, Cher, it's been a long time. Almost two years since Michael's death, I can't believe it's been this long. I want to honor Michael on June 25, but then its time for a conviction for Conrad Murderer, I mean Murray.

diane

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy jon why are you of michaael jackson and we miss michael jackson you can tell janet hi for im diane

Eleonora49

Neverending Tears. How much I miss you !!A Man, a charm, a hope, a heart of love who cared.Fallen in Love with you was not a Dream. I wasnt ready for the turn our life took.I love you sweet Michael.Once the whole world held you in their arms.The sweetest man turned everthing into a golden dream.Michael, sweetest man on our planet, kind and gentle.Noone cared like you did. We wanted you to return.A dream, a Man, a love like no other kind.

Marie

Janar 4 days ago
Come to think of it, I noticed the same thing in the This Is It rehearsal film, that the light in his eyes was gone. Michael did'nt exibit any thrill or excitment during the rehearsals. The back-up dancers and singers, and everyone else that was a involved in that production seemed to be more thrilled and excited than him.

I have a different opinion. Michael Jackson was very happy while rehearsing for the 'This is it' concerts. He was smiling and dancing and laughing with the back-up dancers and singers.