Eli Roth: Russell Crowe Is NOT Anti-Semitic

6/10/2011 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Eli Roth is outraged that a reporter for The Hollywood Reporter took what he says was a "joking exchange between friends" -- Eli and Russell Crowe -- and then attacked Crowe as being anti-Semitic.

0610_eli_russell_EX_01

It all started when Eli and Russell -- who often tease each other on Twitter -- were joking about circumcision.  Crowe tweeted, "I love my Jewish friends.  I love the apple and the honey and the funny little hats but stop cutting yr babies," adding, "I'll take attentive parenting over barbarism."

Apparently a reporter from The Hollywood Reporter saw the exchange and went after Russell with a headline that said he "insults Jews."

Eli tells TMZ, "The headline blatantly attempts to make Russell look like an anti-Semite.  It's tabloid journalism at its worst."

Eli adds, "No one contacted either of us.  It's terrible.  Russell is a great person and respectful of all religions."

And, Eli says, "The press is trying to terrify celebrities into not using Twitter.  They want to show they can still ruin you.  It's sickening."

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

PRO US

balance63 about an hour ago

Sorry man, I just read the page my comment came up and thought it did nt "flow " with what was being posted at the time. But dude if you reckon somebody is saying crazy stuff, sometimes best to say nothing, let the crazy speak for itself. For the record, I am not Jewish but I am cut. I thank God every day Im cut - I fully agree with what you are saying about cir***cision. I certainly dont feel I was mutilated, rather I feel I was improved.
-----------------------------------------------------------

@balance63: Gotta stand up for what's right. As Edmund Burke said: "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Fat Mike

That's pretty funny coming from a man whose country is now involved in the genocide of millions of Arabs, all for a little bit of oil.

PRO US

@Allen Ridak:

What's your real name. Abdul Abu Yusuf Hassan Osama Hussein?

Genocide of millions of Arabs? You were dreaming and had nightmares? Who reported millions of Arabs dead? Your psycho imagination? Al Jazeera? Martians? We Americans pay more than $100 for every barrel of oil we buy from you Arab Muslim psychopathic terrorists. Is that not enough for you? Stealing? You make us laugh! We saved your asses in Kuwait from the Iraqis, in Libya from the madman Gaddafi, in Bosnia from the Serbians, in Afghanistan from the Commie Russians, and you have the nerve to blame us for stealing your oil? I spit in your face, you ungrateful wretch. ESAD.

Jafo Fubar

Why oh why does everyone get so riled up over religion? I'm agnostic. To explain, that means I BELIEVE IN GOD! BUT ALL ORGANIZED RELIGION IS A SHAM. No, I am not knocking any specific person. I refer to the large, multi-market leveled, monies collecting, agency anywhere in the world that claims that only through them can you commune with the Creator.For the Christians, I ask: why did it take the mother church 200 years to declare Christ a deity? To the Muslims: Have you ever considered that the law against depicting Mohammed image has more to do with the fact that when he was alive, he was trying to overthrow the leaders of his homeland; the city of Mecca? It seems if I was a rebel back in the day, I wouldn't want the government to know what I looked like. To the Jewish: If you are the promised ones, why does the universe crap all over you? How, while Christians and Muslims were hacking up everything that moved, can you not have risen farther up then you have? To all of you: None of you can claim majority over the planet. There are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of religions, sects, clans, congregations, temples, etc. All preach just a slightly different lesson plan then the other. Yet for the most part, you all are willing to kill even the guy next door if he prays on a different knee. I bet that is exactly what God wants. Better to live according to what you personally believe to be just and right. If we are not hurting another with our beliefs; why do you care? What gives you the gall or authority to tell me what right and wrong is? Most agree that "Satan" (the devil, George W Bush, whatever you call the essence of evil) slipped into the garden right under Gods nose, and jocked up his plan. Why is it so hard to conceive that he has messed with every scripture for his own needs? Is your faith somehow stronger then God's; where YOU can't be tricked by the devil? And what about the men that have been entrusted with God's word? Can any religion say that they have NEVER had a member fall from grace? They are human; and therefore fallible. Again, I believe in a creator. I just don't trust you to speak as an intermediary for me.

Arnold

Russell Crowe is NOT anti semetic and in fact he is the complete opposite of anti semetic. The proof is in the pudding. It's a sad little known fact that a few years ago after an elementary Jewish School was firebombed by a racist in Montreal Canada Rusell Crowe donated a very large sum of money to the school. He did this very quietly and did not do so to raise any attention to himself. Shame on any one who suggests this of such a fine, caring and decent man. Here are the links that prove it.

and finally

Lorelaooo

God created man in His own image and His creation of man's body is perfect as it is. Why change anything?

But I do respect the freedom of choice.

Everyone should decide for themselves.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8