Jack White & Wife

Come to Our

DIVORCE Party!

6/10/2011 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rocker Jack White and his model wife Karen Elson are doing something special to honor their 6-year wedding anniversary -- they're getting DIVORCED ... and throwing a huge party to celebrate!

Jack White
The couple announced the split in a joint statement -- saying, "In honor of that time shared, we are throwing a divorce party."

The big post-marital bash -- which will feature "dancing, photos, memories and drinks with alcohol in them" -- takes place tonight in Nashville.

The 35-year-old rocker married Elson -- also a musician -- in 2005. They have two children.

Mazel Tov?

lala

able-walker, thats because hes a "hipster" theyre all like that. Really hip, but not concerend about anything or intelligent enough to be a hippy.

Trooffff

Jack has been haviing an affair with Olivis Jean of the Black Belles. He's a pig. This is a cover up.

Bully

I thought that its great but now aday marrage is just like a party as lala say,in process where by a man or a lady gething marrage to each orther pls try and configure ur selfs just to void what is called mistake in the marrage life,alway know what u doing because is not joking issue,by bully.B-)

macguff

I suppose they mean well by showing that they are staying friends. But if they can throw a big event to celebrate their time together with "photos, memories and dancing",couldn't they put some of that energy and sentimentality into staying married? I love celebrities who have kids with someone, but they say they aren't ready for the commitment of marriage. Children aren't a commitment?

Opal

Ha, that's exactly what I told my husband we should do. Married in '05 with two kids as well. Funny. Not funny. But funny.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Huh. Didn't know the heroin look was back.

Meanie

Stupid irrelevant f-wits. Nice and disrespectful.

DizzKid

I freaking hate hipsters. They would do something crazy like this...

helloKITTY

i guess thats cool for them, some people grow apart... Just because they are getting a divorce doesnt mean they cant still be friends...

but that is weird 0_o

Nicole

Jack White is sexy.

MyOpinionOnly

Omg..such bitter people on this thread! Would you rather hear about weeks of bitter fighting, drama on the children and emotional trauma on all involved? yes, they may be divorcing but this also shows that they will remain committed AS PARENTS and friends overall. What in the heck is so wrong and horrible about that??? I have seen too many people getting divorces who treat each other horribly, use the children as weapons, use hurtful language about their ex in front of kids etc. This shows that they are more mature and understanding about what their divorce will mean to their children. Its not a celebration of an ending but rather a celebration of a new beginning that will be happier for them all. Would you rather they stay together in a loveless marriage? that to me is worse that having a party. GOOD FOR THEM AND SCREW EVERYONE WHO HATES ON THEM FOR IT.

MyOpinionOnly

joeygirl45 - how in the heck would YOU know what their children are feeling? Are you involved in their lives? Just because its a divorce does NOT mean that the children are miserable. I am a proud daughter of divorced parents and believe me, they would have made MY life miserable if they stayed together. I'm sure they had a long talk with their kids about what was going on and I would be very surprised if the kids WEREN'T at the party. Such ignorance I swear!

clb

Jack White rocks. Jack White is hot. Jack White can do whatever the h-e-double-toothpicks he wants. MYOB losers.

Denese

I don't think they were "technically" married. Didn't they just go thru some ritual presided over by a shaman while on vacation in Brazil? I heard they later had the union blessed by the Catholic church, but I still don't think that makes it a legal marriage. Common-law perhaps?

joeygirl45

to the ******* InMyOpinionOnly...I'm not the only one who made a comment like that so back off idiot. My parents are divorced to so who gives a F-ck about what you think. Go back and be proud that your parents failed in their committment to eachother...loser

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments