Tina Fey

Tracy's Rant Was 'Violent,' 'Disturbing'

6/10/2011 5:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tina Fey says she was disturbed by the "violent imagery" in Tracy Morgan's homophobic stand-up act in Nashville -- but insists her "30 Rock" co-star is not a "hateful man."

0610_tina_fey_tracy_morgan_ex_getty

In a statement to TMZ, Tina said she's glad Tracy apologized -- but explained, "The violent imagery of Tracy's rant was disturbing to me at a time when homophobic hate crimes continue to be a life-threatening issue for the GLBT Community."

Fey continued, "It also doesn't line up with the Tracy Morgan I know, who is not a hateful man and is generally much too sleepy and self-centered to ever hurt another person.

"I hope for his sake that Tracy's apology will be accepted as sincere by his gay and lesbian co-workers at '30 Rock', without whom Tracy would not have lines to say, clothes to wear, sets to stand on, scene partners to act with, or a printed-out paycheck from accounting to put in his pocket."

NBC Chairman Bob Greenblatt claims the network has warned Morgan about the incident -- saying, "Tracy’s comments reflect negatively on both '30 Rock' and NBC – two very all-inclusive and diverse organizations – and we have made it clear to him that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated."

barrysconspiracyworld

Tracy pulled a boner

HangoverPictures.com

Why did TMZ censor out the "t" in don't and the "wat" in watch in my comment above? Oh, cuz I guess if you put them together they spell a naught word. TMZ needs a new programmer... I can't even write "don't - watch" with out being erroneously censored. Come'on TMZ get your **** togther.

Niki

Couple points:

1) Tina Fey is as funny as a dog bite...
B) Satire - what is it?: In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.

Team Tracy all the way!

Seal Team 6

Political jabs and satire are a different animal, which certain posters are well aware of, regardless if it's a D, R, or I. Hate speech is a totally different matter, and entertainers who go too far (what Morgan said, calling Blacks subhuman, saying women should be raped, etc.), need to accept the consequences.

And, I doubt Plain knows what the First Amendment is. She doesn't know whab the Second Amendment is. With all the intelligent Republicans to admire...

And, again: this is not a free speech issue, just as it wouldn't be if you went into work and called a Black coworker the nword, or a female coworker a cword.

And, this is my last word on this subject. Being against hate speech isn't being "PC," it's being an American.

Seal Team 6

Tina Fey is a comedic genius. To channel Rogue Warrior: FACT!

Morgan isn't the one who has won Emmys and accolades.

heyserena

I thought that was a picture of Maria Shriver at first.

The Broker

When I used to work at The Abbey in West Hollywood - Tracy would come in with his "boys" and dine and drink... I always thought he was gay.!

Oneil

Niki, shut up.

You're embarrassing the human race.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Oh but Tina Fey has no problem ginning up hatred for Sarah Palin....another talentless freakin ho who no one would know if she didn't look like Sarah Palin.

caitling

All the deviant inbreds and dog ******* in ***afornia would commit suicide. Heterophobic ass to mouth s***. I never really cared for Tracey Morgan before, now i'm a fan.

den

TMZ has become nothing more than a gay activist site.

I am so damn sick of *******!

shelby

whats so funny about stabbing anybody, gay or straight

flick555

.....................................................

In other words, do it again and you're out!

HangoverPictures.com

Keep Harvey away from a Lisa Lampanelli show or he'd have a hissy fit. She dogs everybody.

Rob

Loser liberal.... she attacks and puts down Palin..but OH DEAR don't put down the *****.