Tina Fey

Tracy's Rant Was 'Violent,' 'Disturbing'

6/10/2011 5:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tina Fey says she was disturbed by the "violent imagery" in Tracy Morgan's homophobic stand-up act in Nashville -- but insists her "30 Rock" co-star is not a "hateful man."

0610_tina_fey_tracy_morgan_ex_getty

In a statement to TMZ, Tina said she's glad Tracy apologized -- but explained, "The violent imagery of Tracy's rant was disturbing to me at a time when homophobic hate crimes continue to be a life-threatening issue for the GLBT Community."

Fey continued, "It also doesn't line up with the Tracy Morgan I know, who is not a hateful man and is generally much too sleepy and self-centered to ever hurt another person.

"I hope for his sake that Tracy's apology will be accepted as sincere by his gay and lesbian co-workers at '30 Rock', without whom Tracy would not have lines to say, clothes to wear, sets to stand on, scene partners to act with, or a printed-out paycheck from accounting to put in his pocket."

NBC Chairman Bob Greenblatt claims the network has warned Morgan about the incident -- saying, "Tracy’s comments reflect negatively on both '30 Rock' and NBC – two very all-inclusive and diverse organizations – and we have made it clear to him that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated."

Q

She better say something---acting like Palin hates Gays, when its her co star and former snl co worker---how hateful. I believe we have stumbled upon liberal phoniness. Love the black man, hate the gay man.

PictureUp

ok so i had to sit in detour traffic for an hour tonight so GayPrideLA festival can go on!!the rants i heard from other drivers made Tracey's comments sound like church prayers!!
hes a comedian for god sakes!!its a freaking joke!!!the gays should appreciate the acceptance they now have worldwide and need to suck it up (pun intended)about comics skits!!quit trying to be so PC!

Gwendolyn

James you have a point. I think it's money behind it. Money is power and as Fey herself pointed out a lot of the people supporting his job might be gay or pro gay and if offended their perogotive is to fire him. so freedom of speech sure but not in some situations if you want to keep your job in my humble opinion.

Tony Johnson

Tina Fey is just too funny!

She's like the female version of Albert Brooks

HarryPalms

I'm no longer watching 30 Roc*****il Tracy Morgan gets fired.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Tina Fey never pulls punches, when describing people she knows well, even if it isn't necessarily flattering. Over the years, if you have seen or heard her talk about co-workers, etc., over the years, you pretty much know that it is an accurate assessment of the cir****tances. People, who know her are lucky if she has your back.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Seriously? It blocked cir-*******-tances? I would understand if those letters were used without other letters around them, but come on!

tellmeaboutit

Michael Richards isn't a hateful man either. I hope Tracy gets the heat Michael got for his rant. I'm always amazed that blacks that do this kind of thing are the first to raise hell and play the race card, but feel it's ok to say what they want about gays, other ethnicities, etc. There's no difference.

Roberto

Well, well, well... Tina Fey has shown her true colors. She is a hypocrite. If a conservative person were saying what Tracy Morgan had said...then Tina Fey would say that person is a hateful person. tisk tisk tisk Come one Tina...double standard here?

Ivan in Phoenix

I could have completely skipped reading TMZ.com over the last two days and I'd only have missed 3 or 4 stories about something besides someone saying something about Jews or Gays.

Were prospective TMZ employees told they'd be forced to write and rewrite stories about the same incident over and over and over until Harvey was satisfied the offending party had been sufficiently & thoroughly humiliated for their crimes???

nof

nof p.s.

This begs the question could Eddie Murphy now do stand-up...

While maintaining cult status on a hit tv show?

As Eddie did - and when his career happened?

...Doubtful.

This also sheds light -

On the late, great Sam Kinnison's dilemna -

Do you want to throw-down, be the-fiercest-of-them-all?

Or do you want to sign a 7-picture deal -

And at Warner Bros.?

At the time of his death - Kinnison was trying to answer that question -

Nof

Hank

I can't stand Tina Fey and her pc bs she makes me sick. Tina keep on sucking up. I wish she was gone from TV she has no talent just a big mouth. Everyone always looking for a reason to be offended grow up and laugh a little.

Hank

Oh but Tina Fey has no problem ginning up hatred for Sarah Palin....another talentless freakin ho who no one would know if she didn't look like Sarah Palin.

This is very true Tina Fey and her big fricken liberal mouth. Tina's the one with no brains so please stop tellin us your views on everything because nobody cares what you think about anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HarryPalms

@ Joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

TMZ blocked

30 Rock
until

because the "K" in Rock and "unt" in unitl apparently were too close and spelled the C word, only with a K

THIN LIZZY

Tina just gave him a warning. Only a fool can't see that.