Tracy Morgan

Booed at Concert, People Walked Out

6/10/2011 7:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tracy Morgan's homophobic act in Nashville was met with a smattering of boos -- and several people also walked out of the show -- this according to a person who was at the show.

Tracy Morgan

TMZ spoke with someone in attendance at the Ryman Auditorium ... who tells us Morgan's entire act was filled with offensive gay jokes ... explaining, "It was the worst thing I've ever heard ... so not funny."

As we previously reported, Morgan's June 3rd performance ignited a firestorm of controversy -- after he "joked" that he would "stab" his son for acting gay.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

tlcmk

You know you've run out of funny material when...

Juanita

I think people are too sensitive. So we live in a society now where you can't tell jokes that might offend some people? Get me off this planet. Don't you go to a comedy show to hear jokes. If not, keep your sensitive a$$ at home. %

A Non e-Mouse

I think, at best, Tracy's stand-up is awkward. His act has always been that way. His best work is done when it's been scripted.

That said, being gay isn't a choice. Sure, you can "choose" to be anything. I'm caucasian, but I can choose to act "black". That doesn't make it so.

I'll have to hear the bit in its full context before I comment on it, but it sounds like a bad experiment. Stand-up, by nature, is highly experimental. Comics draw the line, then intentionally cross it to see what sticks. Maybe he should've tried this act with his friends first, for an opinion.

Whatever the case, I hope Tracy squares this away properly so that he can get back to doing what he does best; acting.

David

Tracy Morgan needs to be Fired! His stand up comes from him; His apology from a publicist. Tina Fey needs to insist his character be cut from the show. Stabbing his gay son!? He is a sick individual that needs to be sent back to obscurity. I will never be able to support Tina Fey again in anything she does, if she does not insist on his demise.

KNOCC_OUT_ARTIST

Too me anybody that would pay to hear this guy do anything need to have their heads examined.His intellect is very juvenile and borderline illiterate,he is an insult to black mentalist who are out here conducting our business in commerce getting through doors killing stereo types,displaying responsibilities,Tracey Morgans words,actions doesn't trigger any interest in us to spend a penny on his warp backwards idealistic logic on life,love,relationships etc.He's really a black bum that the Jews pay to show the world that black buffoonery still exist under their watch.I guess some white folks thinks he's amusing.
He embarrasses us ,just like the hip-hop culture.

Consumer007

I think we need to make jokes about killing people like Golly, Blake and Tom, who think hating and killing gays is funny.

Maybe when homophobes' and their families' lives are in danger, they won't think it's funny any more.

Consumer007

ElPablo - YOU are the one who is not natural or normal. You are a HOMOPHOBE. THAT is not natural or normal. You are probably (I don't have proof, just suspecting from the nature of your comments) one of these Hispanic Catholic freaks that does and says whatever your precious church tells you to, and long ago gave up any independent thought or common sense. Dude, seriously go watch the movie "The Mission" and get a clue - the Popes and their followers love taking you and your type and grinding you under their heel, and have for centuries on end. You just keep on with being poor and living in the barrio and having 15 kids 24/7 and making the church rich at your expense while obeying them and see where that gets you, "CUZ"!

nottrue

I was at the show in Nashville, and there was absolutely no one booing! It's jokes people! You're an idiot to have purchased a ticket and not expect jokes!

rollingstone

We've all seen comedians bomb--and then just get worse. Agreed that Morgan is about as funny as Lisa Lampanelli (who is, just frankly, disgusting).

I'm with the closet-gay-makes-self-hating-gay-jokes crowd.

I'm mostly bothered that any parent could refer to stabbing their child and think it's funny. Here's hoping that child doesn't expect unconditional love from hi*****eful, over-rated father.

Morgan really should apologize and make it stick--he'll need the money to pay for his child's therapy. Or bail.

aston

There is only one way you can make jokes like that and it's legitimate - that's when you get into a homophobic character and make the slurs in a way that makes it clear the character is insane and ridiculous. But to do that, you have to be REALLY clear on where your own sympathies lie, and obviously, that wasn't the way it was received by some in the audience.

I've seen some standups by TM. It was about sex, how he comes home drunk and tries to put his penis in his sleeping wife's mouth. Funny? It made me think of how Steve Martin refuses to make sex jokes - it's too easy. You always get laughs, but mostly, it isn't funny.

marc

If my baby ever comes out with any ounce of black in it, I'll stab that ****** to death!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahaha
I'm so funny!

I'll KILL that baby!!!!!!!!!!!
yahooooooooo!
laugh with me please.............

louis

First of all, how Tracy gets any gigs is astounding, he is the worst actor ever. Kramer and that other black dude both had to pay for their words, he should too. Lastly, Tracy, being gay is a choice, I'll stop being gay, when you stop being black...

Marie

Tracy Morgan was not funny at all when he said he would stab his son if he were gay. People who laugh at that sick joke are homophobes and bullies.

cheekymonkey

Mikey:

A small percentage compared to that of men who will stick theirs in a woman's anus. Last I knew, that part of the body was the same on either gender.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13