Chris Rock

Defends Tracy Morgan, Then Backtracks

6/12/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Rock came to the defense of fellow comedian Tracy Morgan after Tracy's homophobic rant became public ... then backed off his support a little, saying he doesn't "support it at all."

0612_chris_rock_traci_morgan_getty_tmz
Morgan's rant went down during a show in Nashville last week. Among his remarks, he said if his son ever came out to him, he "better talk to me like a man and not in a gay voice or I'll pull out a knife and stab that little n**ger to death."

Morgan has since apologized for the remarks, but Rock had Tracy's back on Friday when he tweeted, "I dont know about you, but I dont want to live in world where Tracy Morgan cant say foul inappropriate s**t."

But Rock got back online last night and explained that he hadn't heard everything Tracy had said, until now. He explained, "wow i get it that s**t wasn't called for and i don't support it at all. now can i please go to the tony awards without getting my ass kicked."

jack

keep digging that hole boys! At least we know where we stand with you. Homophobes.

Angie Diego

You have to remember that black comedians have full reign to make fun of anybody and anything. If a white comedian made fun of gays, religion, or said the n-word, they'd be crucified.

Bubbajk

If you defend the right to free speech it does not mean you endorse what was said. Until people learn to separate the the two public "opinion" will force retractions like this. It is sad but understandable.

Kennedy

Oh my God what happen to freedom of speech, Usa in the people in it are acting like they are scared to say anything anymore. I think being gay is wrong and not scared to say it, God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

beau

Awful to say you'd kill your kid/kids if they were gay..

jack

Kennedy, your welcome to your opinion if your not offensive, which you weren't. However, threatening to stab his child if he speaks in a gay voice is very very offensive and incite*****e. Do you understand now?

jack

not sure why TMZ filtered the word "hate" in my last comment. That America for you : )

Alan Carver

Well Rock and Morgan I guess the two of you can go on tour together and see how many people show up! Obviously you two are thick as thieves when it comes to supporting each other when it comes to alienating people with your barbs and words. Remember what you say will come back and BITE YOU IN THE BUTT! I hope that is how it goes for both Morgan and Rock!

bx1111

Being gay is a choice - and Tracey Morgan at some point chose to not put male body parts in various parts of his body. I'm sure it was a very hard choice but being that there are so few blind gay men - Tracey chose to be straight (and a man)

NelsonH

Absolutely no agreement with what the man said, but Tracy Morgan is a comic and this was said in a stand up act. It's silly to make a story out of this. Why not go ballistic about everything Lisa Lampanelli says? On stage she's incredible racist, sexist, homophobic, antisemetic, etc etc etc. That's her act. She's not really like that -- in fact, this site has featured great stories on her lately. In a stand up comedy act comics can say whatever they want. Tracy Morgan is a stand up comic. Get over it and leave him alone.

davidgabrielMedium

IN THE LINCOLN LAWYER THE MURDERER,WHEN BEING THE INNOCENT BEAUTIFUL HOT CALM KID,
SAYS TWO ******* TWICE JUMPED ON HIM.
I WAS OFFENDED
PLAYED BY REESE'S ADULTEROUS EX WHO JUST CHEATED ON HIS GAL.....SHE GOT AN OSCAR AND A HUSBAND FOR THE KIDS

a3196

WOW it amazes me how much power Gay people have in the "In God We Trust" super religious USA.

WHAT A PACK OF BLOODY HYPOCRITES YOU ALL ARE!!!

What ever happened to "Freedom of Speech" or is that only allowed for Gay people who use the anti discrimination laws and freedom of speech laws to hold pride rallies and say what ever they want to anyone they want to without fear or favor.

TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT YOURSELVES AMERICA it has become so bad that you are all sooooo afraid to look at a Gay person the wrong way without being persecuted by some Gay Pride movement!!

TRY HOLDING A HETROSEXUAL PRIDE MARCH AND SEE HOW MUCH TROUBLE YOU LOT WILL GET INTO FROM THE GAY MOVEMENT.

Come on Gay's I dare you to post some rubbish like "how he is just a homo-phobe" well dumb asses I am not my Gay Sister and her Partner and some of their Gay friends totally agree with me!!

People are Gay because they are gay not because they are being influenced bu some Gay movement...You gays push your lifestyles onto our children through media so much so that you may as well be considered drug dealers pushing drugs on to their easily influenced minds!! - Effectively you are drug pushers!!

suckit

Too bad for the homos not able to take a joke. It's all right to bag on every race (something they can't control) on the street, but as soon as a *** (a peron's choice) is brought in the mix it's no good. Get over it. Stop using flaky science as your excuse to being a *** and just admit you LIKE being a ***. It's okay. You're not fooling anyone but yourselves and the moronic bleeding hearts that need something else to cry about. Its okay to like the same sex, just don't blame your 'genes' or some other whack theory. Just be satisfied with your choice, and don't flame on. That's probably what Tracy's annoyed with, just like the rest of us. I could not care less about the next queer's choice to be the way he or she is. It seems like queers are just as bad as the religious, trying to push their lifestyle on us, and make us feel bad for not being like them or liking them. I've got news for you fruitcakes. It isn't going to happen. Here's an example of sexual attraction as a choice queers..I like blondes, brunettes, a few types of asians, not all, but a few, but blacks in general are ******* ugly. Just my taste, just like I prefer mexican food over crap ass italian any day. It's a choice. Get it. A choice. Although, there are some black bitches whose booties I'******. But still that's my choice. So you like munching the rug, or seeing men in tights. It's a choice. I bet you ***** have preferences within the genre itself right? Choice again. Not science stupid. So you had a **** and liked it. Just like I had a sushi roll and like it. It was a choice. Maybe there is some gene that predisposes an individual to like certain things, but science is nowhere near proving that definitively. If it were we'd probably have the cure for cancer by now. So what have we learned...Tracy has balls...or is dumb...probably the latter. Butches and flamers of the world just live life and shut the f*@! up.

buckee71

who cares....this story isn't so ironic... people just worry about there kids if they are gay... because how people would treat them .... maybe thats his way of dealing with it....

Tim

If you can take a d*ck in the *ss you can take a joke!!