Chris Rock

Defends Tracy Morgan, Then Backtracks

6/12/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Rock came to the defense of fellow comedian Tracy Morgan after Tracy's homophobic rant became public ... then backed off his support a little, saying he doesn't "support it at all."

0612_chris_rock_traci_morgan_getty_tmz
Morgan's rant went down during a show in Nashville last week. Among his remarks, he said if his son ever came out to him, he "better talk to me like a man and not in a gay voice or I'll pull out a knife and stab that little n**ger to death."

Morgan has since apologized for the remarks, but Rock had Tracy's back on Friday when he tweeted, "I dont know about you, but I dont want to live in world where Tracy Morgan cant say foul inappropriate s**t."

But Rock got back online last night and explained that he hadn't heard everything Tracy had said, until now. He explained, "wow i get it that s**t wasn't called for and i don't support it at all. now can i please go to the tony awards without getting my ass kicked."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Marie

bx1111 19 hours ago
Being gay is a choice - and Tracey Morgan at some point chose to not put male body parts in various parts of his body.

Gay people are born that way. It's not a choice. And heterosexuals have no rights to humiliate homosexuals or threaten to kill them.

LLL09lyn

k, so I understand that its not right to make fun of gays or anything.. but people have to understand that Chris Rock, and other comedians are supposed to be mean, in a sense to be funny, look at Lisa Lapenelli shes cruel, but shes fricken hilarious and no one is b***ing about her jokes.

Diana

gay kids r not the only kids who get teased and bullied, this is bull****. I'll be damned if I would kiss GLAAD's asses.

james

amazing the pressure put on chris rock by gay militants to retract his support.
im surprised he wasnt arrested for a hate crime.
everyone has to kneel before the altar of political correctness.
the gay lifestyle is a sad way of life.
no one wants their kid to grow up gay, no matter how much gay propaganda is shoved down our throats.
gays have high rates of depression, suicide and health issues.
its an unnatural way to live.

Syn

Im with the last guy,You gays are too sensitive,Gay people are everywhere your not going anywhere SO so what?! whatever you do to make you happy two snaps and a biscuit!

Blacks had to chuck it up when Kramer was screaming N666a! When Don Imus was calling women nappy headed hoes!

People of color have gone through a lot in history why don't you guys ever scream about their injustices.

Instead of passing laws for REGULAR PEOPLE WHO LIVE THEIR LIVES THE WAY EVERYBODY ELSE DOES. Gay people are part of the general pop to me they eat, sleep, pay their bills and etc..I wish someone could explain to me why every time I turn on around it's always something that has to do with being GAY; Turn on ESPN Sports star is coming out,turn to, CNN:Don lemon is coming out SO WHAT!

They have gay parades and festivals not every gay in town goes; I've never once been to a straight parade. I think gay people in today's society segregate themselves.

What about the babies here in the land of opportunity that have to grow up in a system designed for them to fail. Cutting teenagers out of summer programs? Who does that put at risk? Me,you, your grandmother, your kids trying to play at the park w/o bearing witness to a full on teenaged make out session by the swings. No wonder the crime rate has gone up this early summer.

Every gay person I ever saw screaming for gay rights is grown and basically can take care of themselves what about those who cant. The children are not equipped to ban together and make a difference on their own behalf and your fussing about someone saying something offensive?!

Ban together and fight for ALL people because at the end of the day we all bleed the same blood.

Christpher windfield

I think the joke was still funny although you know he wouldnt actually do it but it was still funny lol Its some people who would stab their children if they were born BLACK soo whats the big deal

Marie

james 9 hours ago
the gay lifestyle is a sad way of life.
gays have high rates of depression, suicide and health issues.
its an unnatural way to live.

The homophobic lifestyle is a sad way of life. No one wants their kids to grow up homophobic and mean and ignorant. Homophobic people have high rates of stroke, constipation, brain tumor, and mental illnesses. It's a disgusting way to live your whole life hating on other people just because they are different.

cc

I think that its crazy that now the gay community has so much control over what jokes someone makes. Comedians are going to over dramatize every thing so if the man does not believe in his son being gay and tells a joke it's not that serious for the gay community to attack everyone that tells a gay joke. So what is it the truth ???? stop crying.

KittyKim

Tracey Morgan Should be able to say whatever he wants the same way Lisa Lampanelli can say whatever she wants. And Chris Rock is a bitch for backing down like that.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7