Charlie Sheen

Negotiating For New Sitcom

6/13/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with Charlie Sheen tell TMZ ... the actor is negotiating a "big offer" for a new TV series that could debut as early as January, 2012.

0224_charlie_sheen_getty_EX

We're told Charlie's reps are in "deep negotiations" and the deal could be done by week's end.

Our sources say the sitcom is being written specifically around Charlie and will air on a broadcast network. The deal does not call for a pilot. The show would go straight to series.

Our sources would not reveal details about the sitcom, except to say Chuck Lorre is NOT involved.

tmz-top-comments

Bons Bons

"I used to be a HUGE fan...but now I can't even watch reruns of his shows!!!! Wayyyyyy too much baggage to forgot when watching him!! He needs to find a new career and a new dentist!!!"

Truth Truth

Good for Charlie! At least he is honest about who he is and he does not go around lying and cheating like our so many of our US Congressman do. MaSheen is the real deal and you can't beat his honesty!

John John

That is a show I'll never watch. In my book, he crossed a lot of lines, calling anyone who didn't worship is crack-using butt, a troll. I hope the advertisers understand that a lot of people feel like me and won't be seeing any of the products advertised on any of his shows.

tmz-top-comments
Bons Bons

Truth Truth

John John

Amy Amy

Wow they would basically be exploiting a mentally ill person for money. Charlie Sheen is not mentally stable to be on TV again. It would be the worst kind of voyeurism

bigbucks bigbucks

Why are they calling Intervention a "new" show?

SusanCoyote SusanCoyote

I guess it won't be about a dental office.

Melissa S

Snow White 15 hours ago
Are they going to call it "2 Goddesses and a Half-Wit"?

Very funny.

FELIX

why not!! is everybody sure that it is his fault!! look what the bank and car company did. they screw us up. i would want to have charlie have another sitcom because he is very entertaining. i hope it will really happen.

shar

Charlie has been around for years, never got to the height of Two half Men.... Why you ask... Jon Cryer...

ilovejrice

I can't wait to see Charlie back in action. I hope the sitcom is on the same day and time as Two and a Half Men that way they can see what a mistake they made Gd Luck Charlie

XDrinker

I was not a fan of 2 1/2 Men, but it doesn't matter, because after the public spectacle this drug addict has made of himself, I would NEVER watch anything he is on.

In fact, I'll probably boycott whatever network is stupid enough to take on this high-maintenance drama queen.

As for the folks here who are saying he is clean, oh puh-leeze. Wake up and smell the coffee. The guy's a hard-core drug addict and juice head.

ilovejrice

I can't wait to see Charlie back in action. I hope they do the same day and time as Two And A Half Men that way they can see who made the show

NelsonH

Someone would be crazy not to hire him on TV, although I don't know why Charlie wouldn't just jump straight into films.

Harold

They may make it but I will no*****ch it.

John Grey

Voyeurism via the mentally ill on TV.....wonderful.
Screw Charlie Sheen.

Roger Fenwick

Charlie Harper! Part Deux. Charlie wakes up from his trip with Rose but he has amnesia and Rose is gone... After the first year you could bring the rest of the crew back from cancellation. Go Charlie

mary

i find it amazing that people are so unforgiving of sheen, when you have soooo many people in music and entertainment that have been and are drug addicts, shopplifters, sexual preditors and abusive to family members being forgiven and welcomed with open arms. why is he placed at a different standard than the other lowlifes of the industry?

Jan

NO*****ching. Charlie is a MEAN spirited abuser. He deserves NO FANS.

John Grey

If someone want to "forgive" Sheen, that's their business. He's crossed TOO many lines. The biggest being an abuser to the women in his life and not being a father to his kids. He is a disgusting example of a spoiled brat.
If people point to others who do the same and say "they do that; thus Sheen should also [& be excused]" or some version.....That's a poor rationalization for disgusting behavior.

paigehop

OF COURSE, CHARLIES IS WINNING. He's got his own sitcom that will go straight to series!!!??? Eat shiz, haters!

He looks great, sober in this pic. I hope he stays this way! WAY TO GO, CHARLIE!

paigehop

What's to forgive??? The haters here are the ones who need their heads examined. I do believe you're living in glass houses.