Charlie Sheen

Negotiating For New Sitcom

6/13/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with Charlie Sheen tell TMZ ... the actor is negotiating a "big offer" for a new TV series that could debut as early as January, 2012.

0224_charlie_sheen_getty_EX

We're told Charlie's reps are in "deep negotiations" and the deal could be done by week's end.

Our sources say the sitcom is being written specifically around Charlie and will air on a broadcast network. The deal does not call for a pilot. The show would go straight to series.

Our sources would not reveal details about the sitcom, except to say Chuck Lorre is NOT involved.

tmz-top-comments

Bons Bons

"I used to be a HUGE fan...but now I can't even watch reruns of his shows!!!! Wayyyyyy too much baggage to forgot when watching him!! He needs to find a new career and a new dentist!!!"

Truth Truth

Good for Charlie! At least he is honest about who he is and he does not go around lying and cheating like our so many of our US Congressman do. MaSheen is the real deal and you can't beat his honesty!

John John

That is a show I'll never watch. In my book, he crossed a lot of lines, calling anyone who didn't worship is crack-using butt, a troll. I hope the advertisers understand that a lot of people feel like me and won't be seeing any of the products advertised on any of his shows.

tmz-top-comments
Bons Bons

Truth Truth

John John

Amy Amy

Wow they would basically be exploiting a mentally ill person for money. Charlie Sheen is not mentally stable to be on TV again. It would be the worst kind of voyeurism

bigbucks bigbucks

Why are they calling Intervention a "new" show?

SusanCoyote SusanCoyote

I guess it won't be about a dental office.

Cindy Lou

Charlie good luck with your new project and hope this helps you with supporting your children. To all the negative people this one cleaned up his act and is trying to move on so leave the man alone. If Idol's Woodstock idol can clean up than anything is possible. The only thing that makes me mad is that Lorre could have changed your character on the show to help you but he chose
not to, some friend. I am a believer in second chances just like God gave us when we ask Him to come into our lives. You can do this this is winning.

Cindy Lou

Charlie good to see your coming back and hope that it is bigger and better than "Men". You need this to support your children.
To the negative people out there just look at what a clean-up Hollywood actors can do with their lives. Did you not see Idol and Steven Tyler looks better than he did during Woodstock. All Mr. Lorre had to do was change your character on "Men" and you would have been fine. Everyone needs a second chance, God gave us all that second chance when we asked Him into our lives.
I am a big fan of the funny and nice Charlie.

James P.

Charlie Sheen... It's the most koolest dude who takes drugs in the world. He takes a drug called "Charlie Sheen" see this is how he wins.

Cindy Lou

Good for you Charlie. Here is hoping the series takes off and is
great. Your Character on "Men" did not help your problem and it
looks like a set-up by Lorre. Charlie Harper's character should
have been change and could have by Lorre. But did he really want
your character on his show to change that is the question. I am hoping that you can change your life and that this works for the
financial end of supporting your children. Look out negative people someone in Hollywood might just show you that one can clean up ones act and go straight. Hello did you not see Steven Tyler on Idol, looks like a different man than what we saw back in the Woodstock years.

Chaps

Oh oh oh

I got it

A sitcom with Chuckles, PeeWee Herman and Lilo

"The Three Schmucks"

Brian Keith O'Hara

Charlie is like your little brother, most of the time he makes you laugh and occasionally he makes you cry. Sometimes he just needs a kick in the rear.

T HAZE

Charlie Sheen is a product of Hollywood life and thats his only problem like so many others. I still love him give the poor bastard a break!

Chaps

"Dr. Drew's Patient"

"Chuckles Island" - but without the Skipper, MaryAnn or Ginger

jen

is that a recent picture.....he looks good again if it is....i'll watch his new show, hope they put it on against 2 1/2

Marat

We hope Charlie will be on horse again!!!
We wait for new show Charlie!
Do not give up Charlie!
We believe in you Charlie!

Maria

All of you are just haters!!!! Charlie is a very talented person, who has had his ups and downs, and if you can recall his show was #1 of all series.....congrats to him, and I wish him well on his new project..... does not mean I won't be watching Ashton, I love him too.

Nancy

If he DOES get a new show, does that mean that he'll FINALLY make good on his promise to donate to the Red Cross for Tsunami Relief in Japan? How much has his "charity" given to the people in Tuscaloosa??

What happened to that supposed "benefit event" he was going to organize for Tuscaloosa? When is the European Tour kicking off? Has he gone to Haiti w/Sean Penn yet? What about his promise to Scott Dooley to appear on his radio show in Australia?

I don't believe this latest batch of hooey any more than I believed any of his other claims. Until he starts making good on all the promises he's made to people in distress (that he latched onto when he needed positive press), I won't believe a word that dribbles out of his coke-slackened lips.

sir lord

Charlie, we'll be waiting for your grand entrance even though the other characters abandoned you, you remain the catalyst for any show that you debut on!

Paul

I hope Charlie stays on the right track... Gets back to doing what he does best. No more benders Charlie... hope its good and funny like 2 and a 1/2 men was... Paul MOFFETT ENTERTAINMENT We have a Animation Project for you to look at Charlie... Stay Well!!

laura pichierri

I LOVE CHARLIE AND I WISH HIM ALL THE HAPPINESS, HEALTH AND SUCCESS IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!