Charlie Sheen

Negotiating For New Sitcom

6/13/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with Charlie Sheen tell TMZ ... the actor is negotiating a "big offer" for a new TV series that could debut as early as January, 2012.

0224_charlie_sheen_getty_EX

We're told Charlie's reps are in "deep negotiations" and the deal could be done by week's end.

Our sources say the sitcom is being written specifically around Charlie and will air on a broadcast network. The deal does not call for a pilot. The show would go straight to series.

Our sources would not reveal details about the sitcom, except to say Chuck Lorre is NOT involved.

tmz-top-comments

Bons Bons

"I used to be a HUGE fan...but now I can't even watch reruns of his shows!!!! Wayyyyyy too much baggage to forgot when watching him!! He needs to find a new career and a new dentist!!!"

Truth Truth

Good for Charlie! At least he is honest about who he is and he does not go around lying and cheating like our so many of our US Congressman do. MaSheen is the real deal and you can't beat his honesty!

John John

That is a show I'll never watch. In my book, he crossed a lot of lines, calling anyone who didn't worship is crack-using butt, a troll. I hope the advertisers understand that a lot of people feel like me and won't be seeing any of the products advertised on any of his shows.

tmz-top-comments
Bons Bons

Truth Truth

John John

Amy Amy

Wow they would basically be exploiting a mentally ill person for money. Charlie Sheen is not mentally stable to be on TV again. It would be the worst kind of voyeurism

bigbucks bigbucks

Why are they calling Intervention a "new" show?

SusanCoyote SusanCoyote

I guess it won't be about a dental office.

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

Klaus

Charlie Sheen is WINNING, AND YOU'RE NOT!
End of story.

Mike

Hope this is true for Charlie! He is hilarious. Keep on......DUH, WINNING, Charlie!

jeanine king

THATS GREAT ! WE REALLY LIKE CHARLIE SHEEN ! NOBODY CAN TAKE HIS PLACE

tdiamond

Love him! He is entertaining despite his problems. He has created a whole new dictionary of terms, ie...trools, winning, rock star from Mars. Best of luck, Charlie. Who says we have to grow up and be responsible, he is having too much fun!

Autumn_in_Michigan

Its now July 24th and still no news about any actual new sitcom contract. Big surprise. Not.

Autumn_in_Michigan

Oooppss June 24th

Julie

Two and half men will not be the same without Charlie Sheen. I don't want to hurt any one feelings. But Charlie Sheen made that show. I won't be watching it next season. I hope to see Charlie Sheen in a new TV series.

Amy Hamilton

One thing the new producers need to invest in is a staff psychiatrist for suicide watch. i don't think this guys has a lot of stuff to live for anymore.

Mokev

ohhh Please, It's amazing how people love an actor an his/her role but the moment they show to be as human as anyone else everyone want to judge. Let's admitt it his role in 2 1/2 men was played awsome. Besides, there would not be womenizers unless women don't offer. And about his teeth, well all of you that loved him before stop being so fake those are still the same from when you loved him.Why are people so fake? I guess you can see anything more wrong with him than his teeth get real!!!!!Charlie I Love you as an actor an as the human you are!!!!!

larry

The series 2.9 Men had already run it's course. Kutcher had better be conspicuously ready to be an outrageous sacrificial lamb, because going with it will be a springboard, but pretending that isn't happening, well, that just fills the blood bucket faster.

rttejas

Congratulations on flushing your career like David Caruso's flushing.

Karen

I think he was having issues, but look forward to seeing him in another show. Not sure about Ashtom keeping 2 1/2 alive.

sam

Did no*****ch 2 1/2 men I thought it way to nasty-but after hoop-la I checked it out and now I am hooked. It is the funniest show I laugh so hard. I like Ashton---but I do not think it will be the same with charlie----I hope Charlies' new show will have Bertha in it....And more of her...

sam

Hey with some dental implants a Botox---Charlie will be good to go....:):)

sam

From the ppl I have been talking to----they never watched 2 and 1/2 men and now they cannot get enough of it---It is sooooo funny..I mean like it come on like 6 times every day in Dallas........

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17