Charlie Sheen

Negotiating For New Sitcom

6/13/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with Charlie Sheen tell TMZ ... the actor is negotiating a "big offer" for a new TV series that could debut as early as January, 2012.

0224_charlie_sheen_getty_EX

We're told Charlie's reps are in "deep negotiations" and the deal could be done by week's end.

Our sources say the sitcom is being written specifically around Charlie and will air on a broadcast network. The deal does not call for a pilot. The show would go straight to series.

Our sources would not reveal details about the sitcom, except to say Chuck Lorre is NOT involved.

tmz-top-comments

Bons Bons

"I used to be a HUGE fan...but now I can't even watch reruns of his shows!!!! Wayyyyyy too much baggage to forgot when watching him!! He needs to find a new career and a new dentist!!!"

Truth Truth

Good for Charlie! At least he is honest about who he is and he does not go around lying and cheating like our so many of our US Congressman do. MaSheen is the real deal and you can't beat his honesty!

John John

That is a show I'll never watch. In my book, he crossed a lot of lines, calling anyone who didn't worship is crack-using butt, a troll. I hope the advertisers understand that a lot of people feel like me and won't be seeing any of the products advertised on any of his shows.

tmz-top-comments
Bons Bons

Truth Truth

John John

Amy Amy

Wow they would basically be exploiting a mentally ill person for money. Charlie Sheen is not mentally stable to be on TV again. It would be the worst kind of voyeurism

bigbucks bigbucks

Why are they calling Intervention a "new" show?

SusanCoyote SusanCoyote

I guess it won't be about a dental office.

Abe

STRAIGHT TO SERIES????

That is a mistake. Huge mistake. Massive mistake.

I predict the series will go "straight to failure."

x

Kathy

Good. Run it opposite 2-1/2 Men and see who wins.

Superman

Why would anybody want him for a show?!?! He's obsolete already.

Telstar

"Two and a Half I.Q.?"

Ginger

Way to go... let's reward this loser by throwing more money at him to go spend on drugs and hookers. This idiot has been in and out of rehab forever. Does anyone really think he's going to change?

Abe

So the broadcast network in question has to be NBC or Fox. ABC is owned by Disney and wouldn't tolerate promoting Charlie's lifestyle.

Fox has no patience for low viewership. Unless the show starts strong and builds, Fox will cancel it quickly. NBC is desperate for anything that isn't dead last in the ratings.

Therefore, the network must be NBC.

x

kerrplunk

I'd watch it!

BarrysConspiracyWorld

Way to WIN charlie.

Shread

MaSheen is the real deal and you can't beat his honesty!

WINNING!!!!!!!

Holly

@Diane
If he got his teeth fixed, why wouldnt he get porceline crowns?
He surely could afford them with his income.

jb

Call up a couple of Goddesses and bust out the 7 gram Rock.....#winning

D

I bet it's complete B.S. -- being set up by his Publicist to create buzz and try to get real offers to come up.

Michelle

hopefully he will get some rest and a facial before he tries to get in front of a camera again! He looks like death!

jetfanglo

good luck charlie......

m Smith

Let's see. Two and a half bottles, two and a half women, two and a half pills. So sorry, but I think Charlie Sheen is an idiot. Yes, he had and still has issues. Do I feel sorry for him......no. He made the most money on television and lost it because he was such an idiot. He could have made amends and continued with the show. Instead he wanted to show force and screw over the people remaining on the show. I feel so sorry for his kids.