Charlie Sheen

Negotiating For New Sitcom

6/13/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with Charlie Sheen tell TMZ ... the actor is negotiating a "big offer" for a new TV series that could debut as early as January, 2012.

0224_charlie_sheen_getty_EX

We're told Charlie's reps are in "deep negotiations" and the deal could be done by week's end.

Our sources say the sitcom is being written specifically around Charlie and will air on a broadcast network. The deal does not call for a pilot. The show would go straight to series.

Our sources would not reveal details about the sitcom, except to say Chuck Lorre is NOT involved.

tmz-top-comments

Bons Bons

"I used to be a HUGE fan...but now I can't even watch reruns of his shows!!!! Wayyyyyy too much baggage to forgot when watching him!! He needs to find a new career and a new dentist!!!"

Truth Truth

Good for Charlie! At least he is honest about who he is and he does not go around lying and cheating like our so many of our US Congressman do. MaSheen is the real deal and you can't beat his honesty!

John John

That is a show I'll never watch. In my book, he crossed a lot of lines, calling anyone who didn't worship is crack-using butt, a troll. I hope the advertisers understand that a lot of people feel like me and won't be seeing any of the products advertised on any of his shows.

tmz-top-comments
Bons Bons

Truth Truth

John John

Amy Amy

Wow they would basically be exploiting a mentally ill person for money. Charlie Sheen is not mentally stable to be on TV again. It would be the worst kind of voyeurism

bigbucks bigbucks

Why are they calling Intervention a "new" show?

SusanCoyote SusanCoyote

I guess it won't be about a dental office.

Hyde

Pandering to the lowest common denominator just went lower.

yo

There

is

offer.

Just like all of Charlie's other claims that turned out to be BS.

Pat

I think he should do a show about a homeless ex comedian looking for new teeth and a good plastic surgeon

yo

Oh and hi you guys that were paid by Sheen's PR "social media" team to post "That's awesome! He's such a talented actor" and other BS...

It's not gonna work. It's not gonna generate any real offers.

Nice try tho. #Not.

Italia

I do love Charlie, but what kind of sitcom could be built around his life that could be on network TV, especially if it's not going to be like 2-1/2 men where Charlie was drunk and womanizing all the time.

Charlie is too old (especially put next to ASHTON KUTCHER! Yeeeeooowwww!)

What is it gonna be about, some middle aged junkie who just lost his really-big sitcom and is now trying to make a come back as a single, pill poppin alcoholic millionaire?

Yawn .... I'll watch.

Melissa S

And if you believe this, I have a 10 million dollar book deal, I will help the victims of disaster and I have an HBO show in the works.

Lu

Is it about a homeless crack addict and his oh-so-merry drugged out hijinx? You know, where he goes on an on about being a winning warlock tiger juice drinker, before he clunks down, face first. Oh yeah, I think I saw that one before, a few times.

Lu

Sheen is supposed to be his last name, not the greasy crack-sweat on his face, FYI.

Clinical

Yes, lightning will strike twice for Charlie because great shows are sooooo easy to make.
Charlie is a narcissist because he thinks it is okay to use drugs while raising under age children. His second wife is a star fluker because she thinks she is "special" and it must have been Denise who had the problem- wanting Charlie to get sober for her and their two children. Or like many women- her love will change him. That is narcissistic thinking.
So now there are four children who have an unmedicated, narcissistic, drug abusing father who spends his time with other women.
Ah, hey douche bag Charlie, How about you dedicate your free time to being with your children and only see another person when you can not see your children.
Crazy Talk!!!!!! BORING!!!!
Yes, spending time alone with your children must be such a huge drag!!!

MariJoy

Re Sheen: Isn't it amazing how corruption shows on the face?

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Thanks but no thanks.

SSinOC

I find it hard to believe considering he tried to pump himself before and nothing. HBO deal and remake of Major League etc. If someone were to really take this on it would be a major gamble unless Sheen was to work for next to nothing and get a cut if the show makes it. It's really questionable whether the guy is bankable at all now so at this point this doesn't make much sense? If he was already proving that he still has a following I could see someone willing to take this on. He hasn't done anything significant since the slide.

ShootMeAlready

Sweet Jesus! It never ends!

Sammie

Haven't we heard this kind of thing from Sheen before? I'll believe it when I see it. If it is true, however, I will never be caught dead watching or otherwise supporting it/him in any way, shape or form and will actively campaign against it. He is a sick, sick individual.

Erin