Saxophonist Clarence Clemons Suffers Stroke

6/13/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Clarence Clemons, legendary saxophonist for the E Street Band, has reportedly suffered a stroke.

Bruce Springsteen
Clemons, 69, is "said to be seriously ill after a stroke at his home in Florida," according to Showbiz411.com, who also says members of the E Street Band were "advised to get down to Florida as soon as possible" to see him.

Clemons had suffered from other ailments through the last few years, including double knee surgery -- but recently worked on Lady Gaga's new album and even performed with her on the finale of "American Idol" last month.

Story developing ...

Linda French

My thoughts and prayers are with you today, as well for family members and Band members.Linda

namers

Rodney, you're an idiot. Perhaps you might want to get an education (musical or otherwise) before you act like the uniformed juvenile you are.

Thoughts and best wishes for The Big Man(like only THE best Sax man in the world).

We love you and wish you a speedy recovery.

digital_one

My neighbor.

CC - THE ORIGINAL

The Big Man does a song with Jackson Browne..."You're A Friend Of Mine"....Daryl Hannah does backup....

E Street will NEVER be the same without you...speedy recovery!!!

Rhubino

His solo on Jungleland is one of the best sax pieces out there, IMO.

CC - THE ORIGINAL

Rhubinoless than a minute ago

His solo on Jungleland is one of the best sax pieces out there, IMO
*************************************************************

Tenth Avenue Freeze Out !!!!

When the change was made uptown
And the Big Man joined the band
From the coastline to the city
All the little pretties raise their hands
I'm gonna sit back right easy and laugh
When Scooter and the Big Man bust this city in half
With a Tenth Avenue freeze-out, Tenth Avenue freeze-out
Tenth Avenue freeze-out...

Rhubino

Yeah CC, he's great on the whole album. And the cover art/photograph of he and Bruce - I always loved that shot.

CCC

This is a tough one at his age, depending on the severity of the stroke. Hang in there CC. Hope all goes well with you.

Scrum

Prayin' for ya Big Man!

gazoo

Sending tons and tons of prayers your way. You're a rock and roll icon!
On Wednesday I met a 14 year old boy who talked about how he started off playing the sax, but changed to guitar, because the sax just wasn't 'fun' if you wanted to be a rocker. I suggested he look up Clarence Clemons, the premiere rock and roll saxophonist, who not only put the fun in rock and roll, but put rock and roll in fun!

Love you so much Clarence!

Amalia

Clarence Celmons is the shiz! I listened to "Peacemaker" (GREAT album) while I drifted off to sleep two nights ago. I hope he makes a speedy recovery and pulls through. Sending the family love and light! We're rooting for you!!!

His Prince Michael

My thoughts and prayers for Mr. Clarence Clemons and loved-ones.
Godspeed, Big Man!

shane

Sending all the good vibes I can. Get well soon Big Man.

Lillyputt

With love to you Mr. Big Man,Keep fighting,hopefully you will be strong enough to pull through this.No one plays it like you do. Lillyputt

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Get well soon Clarence, and stay away from Lady Gag me, this could be Karma for lowering your lifelong standards to this crazed broad who makes me sick to even look at much less listen to. What a talentless ripoff of all female acts before her. Talk about retreads, she's the Goodyear of music retreads, even worse and more useless than rap..

If she'd lose the Liberace Madonna Cher freakshow ripoff she might be worth listening to at a Vegas lounge but until then she's noise and sight pollution to me.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments