Saxophonist Clarence Clemons Suffers Stroke

6/13/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Clarence Clemons, legendary saxophonist for the E Street Band, has reportedly suffered a stroke.

Bruce Springsteen
Clemons, 69, is "said to be seriously ill after a stroke at his home in Florida," according to Showbiz411.com, who also says members of the E Street Band were "advised to get down to Florida as soon as possible" to see him.

Clemons had suffered from other ailments through the last few years, including double knee surgery -- but recently worked on Lady Gaga's new album and even performed with her on the finale of "American Idol" last month.

Story developing ...

3Storms

My mom had a stroke not too long ago. Modern medicine for such things really has advanced greatly. Hopefully he'll recover just fine.

Marilyn

Good source for updates on the big man's condition. "Miracles are happening." http://blogs.wickedlocal.com/springsteen/#axzz1PBMenoqn

DeeWA2010

I am SO SADDENED. I just LOVE THE BIG MAN! Starting w/Tunnel of Love tour, I've been to see The Boss probably 5 or 6 times. Been BY MYSELF twice.

GET WELL SOON Clarence!!!!!

john

i remember him at his club in red bank new jersey and using the gym at the tradewinds beach club in sea bright new jersey,,,get well soon

Greg Haas

This is a very bad day on E Street. C is a man with karma to burn. If there is an ounce of justice left in this mean world, we won't lose him, not now anyway. Real American icons are tough to come by, especially those like Clarence who have burned down the road bringing real joy for so long to those of us who need it. Peace and love be upon him and the world that loves him.

Kay

Prayers for you Big Man.. You haven't seen an rock n' roll show til you've seen Bruce and the E Street gang.

Hyde

Oh no! What a talent. Come on, big guy. ♥

jmc

Clarence - I fell in love with the saxophone the night you, Bruce and the band played the Tacoma Dome in the late 1970's. I, then a young girl who now has only attended half a dozen concerts in my lifetime, was so lucky to purchase a ticket just as the seats behind the stage opened up. You made such a lasting impression on me those many years ago, and I thank you for the gift. God's blessings and prayerful recovery.

Bill W

Wishing Clarence a full & speedy recovery on behalf of all his British fans. His playing on "Secret Garden" is just divine.

I've been lucky enough to B & ESB on a number of occasions & Clarence has always enjoyed a very special rapport with the audience - we look forward to seeing him again so our thoughts & prayers go with him

Tony

Hope you are getting well big fella! Still remember that awesome video you did with Joe ****er "Unchain My Heart". You are the best!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3