Obama: If I Were Weiner, I'd Resign

6/13/2011 3:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

President Obama just made a bold statement about Congressman Anthony Weiner's predicament ... "I can tell you that if it were me, I'd resign."

0614_obama_video

Obama, who made his statement to "Today" anchor Ann Curry for broadcast Tuesday, said "Well, obviously what he did was highly inappropriate.  I think he's embarrassed himself, he's acknowledged that, he's embarrassed his wife and his family."

Obama continued, "And when you get to the point where, because of various personal distractions, you can't serve as effectively as you need to -- at the time when people are worrying about jobs and their mortgages and paying the bills -- then you should probably step back."

FYI, Obama also suggested last year that Congressman Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) resign on ethical grounds, but he stayed put.

Robert

Antony he is very stupid take pics,now need finder strip job/ play boy something yes this is the right job for antony jejejejeje!

Superman

The reason that the democratic leaders want him out is because he criticized them as much as he did the republicans. Both parties suck ass!!! Washington, DC needs an enema!!!

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Only if he were Weiner?!? WTF is he talking about. With all of his lousy economic decisions for this country he should have resigned six months into his presidency! Idiot.

Mikey

Robert about a minute ago

---------------------------------------------------------------
Me go in english take class when first i go.

kristine

nixon resigned for his scandal. and he wasnt even naked... maybe if he had of been... :p

Aryana

I don't think Obama should have suggested wiener resigning. I don't think Weiner commited a crime, or him tweeting...and " sexting' as its called had any effect on his work at the office...I think that stuff is his own personal life style and we should not judge him on his personal decision...on his professional work related matters yes we should judge.

Superman

Mikey

I bet Obama's doing some crazy things behind his wife's back.

Superman

Oops, sorry for repost...thing hung on connecting.

Rogue Warrior

Yeah, and if I were a LLohan H8r, I'd stop breathing for everyone's sake.

Obama is the man, however that doesn't mean when he says jump, everyone has to jump!!

Although this particular douche-bag should resign now!

Tammy

If Anthony's constituents want him to stay, which the majority do, then he should stay. Obama needs to mind his own buuisness, STFU and do his damn job. If it's so distracting, maybe he should tell the media to drop the witch hunt and let Anthony do his job.

PRO US

Unemployment is a joke for President Obama's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. It met today in Durham, NC at Cree Inc., a company that manufactures energy-efficient LED lighting. One of the Council's recommendations to President Obama was to streamline the federal permit process for construction and infrastructure projects. It was explained to Obama that the permitting process can delay projects for "months to years ... and in many cases even cause projects to be abandoned ... I'm sure that when you implemented the Recovery Act your staff briefed you on many of these challenges." At this point, Obama smiled and interjected, "Shovel-ready was not as ... uh .. shovel-ready as we expected." The Council, led by GE's Jeffrey Immelt, erupted in laughter.

The Obama administration promised the Recovery Act ("the stimulus") would prevent the jobless rate from going over 8%. It now stands at 9.1%.

And only Weiner should resign? How about the people on that council who laughed? Maybe they should find out what it's like to be unemployed?

John

Obama knows he could put Weiner to shame.

Freddie K

Ah Obama - you are a weiner!

MoonDust

Well, said Mr. President. Although, I don't think the Weiner understands yet, the rehab stint is just another of the Weiner schemes, just like his "baby" story, which I don't believe. The Weiner has lost all credibility IMO. Anyways, wonder when else we get more pics of Weiner again.