Obama: If I Were Weiner, I'd Resign

6/13/2011 3:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

President Obama just made a bold statement about Congressman Anthony Weiner's predicament ... "I can tell you that if it were me, I'd resign."

0614_obama_video

Obama, who made his statement to "Today" anchor Ann Curry for broadcast Tuesday, said "Well, obviously what he did was highly inappropriate.  I think he's embarrassed himself, he's acknowledged that, he's embarrassed his wife and his family."

Obama continued, "And when you get to the point where, because of various personal distractions, you can't serve as effectively as you need to -- at the time when people are worrying about jobs and their mortgages and paying the bills -- then you should probably step back."

FYI, Obama also suggested last year that Congressman Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) resign on ethical grounds, but he stayed put.

Larry

Attention WWE/Vince McMahon. Resurrect Val Venis, wrap him in a towel and call him 'The Congressman' then generate some $$ before everyone gets completely bored with Skeletor and his schlong.

patt demetri

Could this be called weiner envy ???

popoki

Why isn't anyone asking David Vitter to resign?

A

What does it matter if obama plays golf or not if bush is playing golf yall wouldn't complain the state of the world and where its at is becasue of the decisions of lots of people not just obama he's doing his best just go with it and if you have a problem vote some one different when the time comes if not just keep your dum mouths shut its gonna be how it is your complaning isent gonna do anything about it

aolm

If Clinton can get away with it....don't see how he have to resign.

Lee

The guy you had on tonight who treated his wife so ****ty in front of the camera was a big DOUCHEBAG!!!!!!!! Poor lady :(

Patty

Well, get to knocking boots Obama because nothing would bring me more pleasure than seeing you resign...

Danre

Word!!

Billy

Do you think he will have a black eye that matches the one slick willie Bill Clinton got from HIllary when she found out he was dipping a cigar in that fat skank Lewinski?

I did not have sexual relations with that woman, miss Lewinski.

That depends on what your definition of the word "is" is.

What do you think Anthony, Oscar Meyer, Weiner's answer will be?

Amtrak

Dear @ProUs I live in CLT NC, was laid off for over two years before finding a job. Not in my career field. A job. No insurance. And in this market, I'm happy for it.

Bottom line, Obama didn't create this situation, doesn't have a magic wand to make things the way we want it and he can't get us out of this mess in two years, especially fighting the tide here in the south. Like or dislike Obama's politics - I don't care.

WeinerDouche has shown he has no regard for the laws the rest of us must follow and is now claiming "treatment" as a "timeout" to deal with his flat out negligence to his job.

Kelsey Grammar

...ohhhh, TMZ :( tsk, tsk, tsk! The president SPECIFICALLY attempted to use correct grammar when he said, "If I was him*, I'd resign." But, one of you played him when you incorrectly quoted him by using Kardashian grammar.

Yikes, c'mon, guys & gals... It can never, ever, not-even-once be, "I were..." or "If it were...," etc. (See what happens when you skip 5th period English??)

*In fact, it should really be, "If I was he..."

LoLa33

A, Bush STOPPED playing golf when we went to war...

E

Obama SHOULD RESIGN for incompetence!! Let's how that works out

K Parr

Disappear that Weiner idiot! He isn't worth writing one word about! Creep!

Hank

Obama should resign right along with him. I can't believe either moron still has their job.