Montel Williams

I'm Now in the

Weed Business

6/14/2011 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Montel Williams has taken a job as a consultant with an upscale marijuana dispensary in Sacramento, CA -- in the hopes of revolutionizing the weed industry.

0614_montel_weed_shop_TMZ_Composite_BN
Montel -- an outspoken proponent of medical marijuana use -- took the job hoping to create a store that runs more like a pharmacy and less like a shady back-alley head shop.

During a news conference yesterday, Montel announced his partnership with the Albatin Wellness Cooperative -- and said, "We want to provide safe access [to marijuana] for patients and really medicalize this. Patients should be put first."

Montel said he'll be "involved at every level of the cooperative, from the philosophical direction down to the blueprints."

He added, "I want this to be someplace your mother and father could see themselves walk into."

Williams -- who was cited back in January for trying to bring a pipe onto an airplane -- was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in the late 90s, and credits pot with alleviating his near-constant neurological pain.

Lavon Reid

David Coleman Bonds was arrested in Reno, Nevada. On June 11, 2011. For selling Meth and marijuana in downtown Reno during a spring car festival. He is a current employee working at Montel's William's Sacramento Dispensery. I think you can get a marijuna medical card way too. easy. You, call make false medical problems and get a card. To grow marijuana for sell or false reasons. David is a drug addict. He skirt's the law for his own profit. ,

MP

Montel only cares about one thing...money. For those interested in his Vitamix knock off, do not buy. It's Made in China and is of sub-par quality.

lala

The only causes these guys are interested in are aids and drugs. How about workers rights, endangered animals or the rainforest? Not a chance!

lala

MP: Guess he doesn't support workers rights!

Khate sucks

I've always loved Montel but NOW.....EVEN MORE! LMAO!

Rich

As a cancer patient I support an drug that can all dull pain. I have NEVER used weed, but would consider its use if all else failed. I often wonder if some of the drugs and poisons I use are much worse than weed.

Bill

Hey Lavon who cares! If you dont want to do it, dont do it. But a whole lot of people do! :) Id rather hang with this guy David then a person living like he's in the dark ages who thinks weed is evil! Good for him for making money in a sh***y economy.

Bill

Good for you Montel.

Deborah

I've always liked Montel. He's a straight up dude. I trust him. Good for you Montel fight for what you believe in....

mysteria333

montel yes i'm sure you are in the weed business ,, just like you are in the loan business at 300% intrest !! only you dont call it intrest because in this state the governor removed all those inhumane intrest rates ,, so you call it service charges.. several people i know have taken out three hundred dollar loans from your loan company that you so proudly advertise on tv.. except they have to pay back one thousand dollars for thier three hundred dollar loan and you've made sure on your website that there is no phone number or address for any one to contact you.. you are getting filthy rich off of minorties and the poor !! i have no respect for you ,, you disgust me !1 have you no conscience ? you will have to answer to god for what you are doing .. and he has been good to you. you are not cripple like most poor people with your same affliction.. i dont want to waste any more time talking to you. you are a criminal !!

furf

smoke that **** montel

Lisa Caro

I totally agree and back him on this. My husband and I live in the southeast (for now) and I have glaucoma (extremely high eye pressure) and my husband is on chemo and will be plagued with its terrible affects for at least several more months on and off. Here it is illegal and will probably stay that way. The medicimal benefits would help us both at this point.

THIN LIZZY

MY MAN!!! The brotha is solid

txgal

I have had multiple sclerosis since 1995 and I am thankful for Montel helping others understand this disease. I do not care for marijuana myself but if it is working for his pain good for him.I am not going to judge him. Having MS no one should ever judge us until they have walked in our shoes!

karenlztt

I've always liked Montel.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments