« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Shaq In Middle of Kidnapping, Robbery, Sex Tape Case

6/14/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Shaquille O'Neal is embroiled in a criminal case in which 7 gang members allegedly kidnapped, beat up and robbed a man who claimed to have a tape showing Shaq having sex with other women while he was married to Shaunie.

Shaquille O'Neal
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Ladell Rowles -- a member of the Main Street Mafia Crip Gang in L.A. who is friends with Shaq -- along with 6 other members went on a search and destroy mission in L.A. on February 11, 2008.  They believed a man named Robert Ross had the sex tape and they tried getting it back with the help of a gun or two.

According to the police report, the 7 gang members met up with Ross at a convenience store -- Pink Dot -- on the Sunset Strip.  The men allegedly surrounded Ross' Rolls Royce Phantom with guns drawn, jumped into Ross' car and ordered him to drive to Rowles' house in South Central L.A.

Once there, Rowles allegedly pistol whipped Ross and demanded that he turn over the sex tape.  Ross said he would get the tape and bring it back to them.  The 7 men then allegedly took Ross' Rolex, diamond chain and earrings, along with $15,000 in cash -- then let Ross go.

The 7 men have been arrested and charged with robbery, kidnapping and other crimes. They are currently in the middle of a preliminary hearing and being held in jail.

We've learned LAPD detectives interviewed Shaq to determine what, if any, involvement he had in the alleged crimes.  When the case file went to the D.A. Shaq was not listed as a suspect.

Now here's the interesting backstory.

Ross has a history with Shaq.  Shaq and his business manager, Mark Stevens, have a record label and allegedly told Ross they would give him a 50% cut in any artists he brought to them.  Ross claims he delivered Ray J to Shaq but got cut out of the deal.

Ross told cops after his falling out, he threatened Shaq by telling him about the sex tape, threatening to release it unless Shaq paid up.

As for the tape, Ross claims Shaq brought women to Ross' home and had sex with them while he was married to Shaunie.   Ross told Shaq a "security camera" captured the action and it was all on tape.  But Ross told cops the security camera recycles periodically and the video no longer exists.

And there's another twist.  Around the time Shaq and Ross had their falling out, Shaunie separated from Shaq and Ross claims he began having an affair with her.  Ross claims Shaq hired a private investigator to tail Shaunie and the P.I. caught the two together.

0614_shaunie_launchWe put a call in to Shaq's rep ... so far, no response.

Worth noting -- Shaunie was out in L.A. recently, and had a few sage words of advice for her recently retired ex-husband.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

tamiecc

Wait, so is the sex tape really with Shaq and Ross, the guy in the picture?? They seem pretty close..oh and is this the new.."I'm so rich and famous I need to hang out with known gang members" slogan.

Toni

saw Shaunie make a comment of trying to become the Black Bethenny, sorry, but she will never never be the Black Bethenny or the Black Shaunie of Entrepreneur because Shaunie is a shady, evil, no good for nothing backstabbing back talking of all other women, so no she will never become that she will not get the respect that Bethenny has, see Bethenny has intregrity, morals, values, outspoken but real, doesn't put down anyone for the fun of it or to make her feel better, so no Shaunie will never never be that, sorry, but Shaunie is nothing, she thinks she is a good woman, but she is not she starts lots of trouble and talks so much of others and never tells the truth about anyone, but only worry about how she looks after all is said and done, she is pathetic.....

patty

So? Shaq cheated on his previous wife?

May I remind all of you Shaq fans that many, many year's ago when he was relatively new in the game he was interviewed?

During this interview he was asked about what he thought about being a "role model" for male (female?) athletes..

I WTILL REMEMBER SITTING IN MY RECLINER AND APPLAUDING AND SAYING RIGHT ON SHAQ AS HE SAID HE WAS NOT A ROLE MODEL FOR YOUNG ASPIRING BASKETBALL PLAYERS..

I AM AN AVID FAN OF HIS PHILOSOPHY..PARENTS ARE THE ONE'S WHO SHOULD BE ROLE MODELS..IT BEGINS IN THE HOME..NOT PASSING IT ON TO A CELEB BASKETBALL, FOOBALL, ANY SPORTS PERSON..

I HAVE ALWAYS TAUGHT MY CHILDREN THAT IT IS OKAY TO ASPIRE TO BE AS GOOD ATHLETE AS THEIR SPORTS HERO, BUT IT WILL TAKE LOT'S OF HARD PRACTICE AND TIME TO GET WHERE THE SHAQ'S GET IN THE SPORTING ARENA....

WHAT THESE SUPER STAR ATHLETE'S DO ON THEIR OWN TIME IS THEIR BUSINESS..

THEY GIVE US WHAT WE WANT ON THE COURT OR FIELD, BUT THE REST IS UP TO THE PARENTS..

NOTa STARJONESsupporter!

Since Shaq is no longer married . . . who cares? I DON'T! What I'd REALLY like to know is how big his slonka-slonka (weiner) is . . . I might want to take a ride just to see if I could handle it all! LOL!

Inglewood69

Really 2008!!! Its 2011 for one but another Shaunie is no better then Shaq she did mess around with his friend so that tells me alot about her and for Mr.Ross so did u BLACK OUT your face one the tapes birds of a feather flock together!!!!!

Steve

Did he say, I'm sorry I take full responsibility for my actions. I want to apologize to my fans and family?

H.vett

Oh my god that's sad.this is all a hotness.may godbless

JKR

Why does anybody even care about this?

Scar

I was going to say, who gives a crap? But then I saw I was at TMZ.

Shalom

I am sure this true story. When Shaq used to play for Miami Heat he used to Pay to Heat Employer Steve Stowe $100.00 every time when he will get the girls phone number. This Guy Loves money so he used to bring him all the phone numbers. But A wife like that she deserves to get cheated she soooo GETTTOOOOOO and ger assistand Alysia

kc

There's no smoke without fire. The real truth might emerge in deep search in the allegation.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6